Assembly Technician - Level 2
Perth WA, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Our manufacturing team is accountable for the electro-mechanical assembly and testing of complex electronic products. Being proficient in the assembly of electronic products, our Assembly Technicians form part of a highly skilled and knowledgeable team of Technicians and Engineers to become a crucial part of the team.
- Perform testing conformity of incoming parts such as electronic components (and assemblies) and various hardware in accordance with Incoming Goods checklists meeting quality standards and target times
- Perform the assembly of sub-assemblies and final products using jigs and fixtures, adhesives, moulding and soldering in accordance with assembly Instructions meeting quality standards and target times
- Undertake calibration and testing of sub-assemblies and final products in accordance with Assembly Instructions and quality standards
- Undertake supervised rework
- Recording of assembly data and test data in work instructions
- Manage own allocated builds through company ERP system
- Monitor QMS to ensure test results are available
- Following company quarantine processes
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Experience in electronic hardware and test equipment
- Soldering skills (IPC-610)
- Experience in composites moulding
- A focus on high quality, precision and attention to detail and a willingness to learn the products in a specialist industry
- General computer skills - experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and processing software
- Be highly motivated with an energetic, responsive and decisive disposition;
- Strong knowledge of WHS practices
- Excellent housekeeping
- Proven high standard of attention to detail, time management and “follow-through”
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Exposure and operating within a quality management system (Including ISO9001)
- Knowledge of six sigma / 5S work practices would be highly regarded
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.