Perth, WA, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
The Perth Production Manager will lead our Perth Production Team, who are accountable for the on-time delivery of all of Advanced Navigation’s Subsea products. The Perth Production Manager reports to the Head of Production in Sydney.
- Manage and schedule the Perth Production Team to deliver quality products, on time and within budget and in line with the company's inventory strategy
- Manage the selection, training and development of the Perth Assembly Technicians, with a culture and performance standard aligned with the standards required of our production team
- Manage the preventative maintenance, calibration, and storage of production equipment
- Measure, Monitor and Report Production KPIs weekly
- Use production data to drive continuous improvement
- Provide information and reporting to key stakeholders as per requirements for business as usual activities (ie sales ops weekly updates, engineering issues holding up production, etc)
- Partner with Production Engineering to ensure improvements, changes and new products that are introduced are resourced and managed appropriately, to ensure production volume and quality targets are met
- Engage Senior leadership and key stakeholders when additional resources and/or support is required
- Live & breathe a safety culture & be an advocate for safety within the workplace;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronic ideally)
- 5+ years experience managing small (production) teams
- 5+ years direct exposure to a COTS Manufacturing Function
- Strong experience in liaising and negotiating with stakeholders around new product introduction to production.
- Familiarity with IPC-A-610 and ISO 9001:2015
- Familiarity with an ERP tool, such as Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce or SAP.
- Familiarity with and/or exposure to robotics and complex manufacturing processes
- Ability to work with suppliers for developing OTS parts and subassemblies.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- The ability to manage a high volume of information and oversee multiple project schedules.
- Be highly motivated with an energetic, responsive and decisive disposition.
- Strong knowledge of WHS practices
- Proven high standard of attention to detail, time management and “follow-through”.
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.