Social Media Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. We’re Airtasker, the tech company that connects people who need to get things done with those who have the skills to do it.
Our mission is to empower people to realise the full value of their skills. This doesn’t just apply to those who use our product. It’s also for our whooooooole team of go-getters who bring the product to life and deliver impact to our community on a daily basis. Because we believe work (and life) is always better when you truly know and appreciate your strengths and skills.
So, with that in mind, we are looking for a new Social Media Specialist to join our team of go-getters and realise the full value of their skills!
We’re on the hunt for a social media superstar to lead our social media accounts for Airtasker in Australia and build a community to love Airtasker as much as we do! You will work closely with the Australian-based Brand, Growth & Creative teams, to co-create and build a pipeline of engaging paid and organic content and campaigns to nurture an engaging community.
We're looking for an ambitious and motivated Social Media Specialist who is eager to make their mark in the industry and join our growing, fast-paced Sydney based team.
What you'll do:
- Develop social content pillars that align with the brand tone of voice and the distinctive Airtasker personality
- Lead the social media strategic framework, align with stakeholders (VP of Brand) towards the vision and implement the paid and organic social campaigns accordingly
- Enhance our brand across all relevant social platforms that align with our audience profile on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Create and build an interactive relationship between our audience (of both Customers and Taskers) with clear KPIs to justify your recommended ROI of boosted spend for the brand
- Monitor social media accounts, analyse social insights with monthly reporting, and stay connected with emerging social media trends
- Develop and analyse longer term quarterly reports and adjust accordingly to the digital marketing plan
- Work alongside social performance channel stakeholders to correlate with overall brand funnel performance
- Lead and source content creators to support and work alongside the performance team brief and requirements
- Work with and propose social media monitoring tools and other content management system to simplify the implementation process
- Source case studies (of Customers & Taskers) and review as testimonials for telling our Brand Stories
What it takes to be successful in the role:
- Knowledge of industry and social media trends
- Understanding of social media reporting
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Synthesise social media data insights into a digestible format to stakeholders
- High level of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Time management and priority management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail - strong creative and social copy skills
- Creativity and desire to innovate
- Passion for startups
- Experience working with marketplace or tech brands a bonus
What you'll love:
Competitive compensation packages
Flexible workplace environment - we embrace flexible working to support different life stages and lifestyle preferences.
Airtime Fridays! - no meetings and no slack on Fridays to allow you to find your flow in deep focus work, invest in your personal growth and increase your productivity.
Connection and celebration - we celebrate connecting as people through regular rituals such as weekly AMAs, annual AirCon and Tuesday lunches. These moments are designed to bring us all together, whether you are local or remote!
A culture of context, not control - we believe that empowering people through Airtasker starts with empowered people within Airtasker.
We are agile and innovative in the way we work and how we grow - we believe in a growth mindset and trying new things.
Learning and development - as humans, we never stop growing - we believe feedback is a gift, and provide allowances to empower you to identify learning that is right for you.
Progressive parental leave policies - we believe that feeling supported to stay connected to both your professional and personal self when raising a family is vital in bringing your best self to work.
Celebration swap benefit - the option to swap national, state or territory public holidays for those that are more aligned to your beliefs and background.
Access to wellbeing support - we want to ensure that you have all the support you need to prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, so that you can bring your best self to work. To this end, you'll be given full access, via our EAP, to regular 1:1 counselling with mental health and wellbeing specialists.
Airtasker credits - whether it’s help around the home or planning your next date night, use your Airtasker credits every year to help you get more done.
Dog friendly office - say hello to Harvey and Frank!
At Airtasker we believe in culture add - that each person is different and has their own background, learnings and unique experiences that can add to the Airtasker cultural tapestry. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
To all recruitment agencies and talent suppliers: Airtasker does not accept unsolicited resumes. Airtasker is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings or directly to our managers. If you are on our supplier list and have terms in place, ensure you work alongside our internal TA team and do not send resumes directly to managers.