Cost Manager (Quantity Surveyor)
Want to be a part of Asia Pacific & Japan’s (APJ) largest data centre business and ‘Grow@Hyperscale’?
AirTrunk is a technology company with a powerful purpose - to scale and sustain the relentless growth of the region’s digital future. We do this by continuously redefining and delivering hyperscale data centres that meet the needs of our customers, the world’s most transformational companies. And we’re doing so sustainably, for today and tomorrow.
Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in 2017, we set our eyes on rapid expansion and now operate a platform of hyperscale data centres across the APJ region. With backing from our investors, including Macquarie Group, this is just the beginning…
Join us at AirTrunk, where the cloud meets the ground.
As Cost Manager reporting to the Senior Cost Manager APAC, you will work closely with the rest of the Development team, making an impact in a number of ways:
- Manage all aspects of construction estimates and build costs that are business-critical for our hyper-scale data centre projects in Japan
- Develop and document costs/estimating to phase & project objectives and results
Your Day to Day
- Deliver construction estimates to approved cost, time, and quality measures and own the development of these measures for the program
- Clearly communicate any construction cost constraints to the project team
- Collaborate with Engineering Technology & Procurement OSE to create and drive detailed cost plans
- Accountable for maintaining construction budgets within their program, speak to and provide an explanation of the overall cost structure.
- Identify, incorporate, and mitigate risks and issues on assigned estimating projects
- Identify recurring issues and trends using metrics data, and work with key partners to find permanent solutions
- Develop standard cost/estimate as needed for repeatable builds within their region or sphere of control and for new customers, vendors, and technologies
- Overall ownership of an ongoing cost input including definition, and performance metrics
- Evaluate the impacts of construction change on other construction constraints. Evaluate multiple options for absorbing the change in order to mitigate the negative impact on the project.
- Maintain cost and estimate reporting and documentation in accordance with standard practices
- Assist with benchmarking and analytics on current and historic projects
- Have successfully cost-estimated and planned processes and procedures for complex large-scale construction and data centre projects
- Solid understanding of a broad range of construction methodologies, and an intermediate understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to identify and document changes to construction scope and cost
- Can perform detailed analysis at a regional level in order to accurately present construction cost metrics to senior leadership
- Ability to support business cases with concise, data-driven expository documents
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to operate with significant autonomy and discretion
- Strong communicator and ability to interact with all professional levels within an organisation
- Professional attitude with persuasive skills in making things happen
- Exceptionally flexible, forward-thinking, and motivated by change
The AirTrunk Culture
Working at AirTrunk is a once in a lifetime opportunity to fast-track your career and make a positive impact. At AirTrunk, we’ll help you Grow@Hyperscale.
The pace of our industry means you’ll feel an electric atmosphere at AirTrunk. We are a team of challengers and collaborative problem solvers who break new ground every day. We do this by living our values; going above and beyond, and being dynamic, transparent and responsive.
Every AirTrunker brings their own unique background and diverse perspective to find solutions to problems that matter. We’ve created a flexible and safe working environment where everyone feels welcome, heard, and equal regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, marital or parental status, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
With a range of exciting employee benefits for you to choose from, we’ll help you stay positively charged in both your work and life.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**