Strategic Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
About The Role:
The Strategic Account Manager role is a key sales role at Airwallex as we continue to rapidly grow in Australia. This role will work within our SME team on our most exciting & largest Mid-market and Enterprise clients through post-go-live phases. You will work cross-functionally, engaging with many teams across the business including sales, product, engineering, marketing, finance, and strategy.
This role will predominantly focus on upselling, cross-selling & building multi-stakeholder relationships with our key clients. We are looking for a technology-minded, Fintech enthusiast who is driven by learning the ins and outs of our platform so that you are equipped with the knowledge to solve complex problems. You are a natural communicator who enjoys building and nurturing clients and delivering on your creative ideas. You enjoy being regarded as a trusted business partner.This will allow you to work with customers to understand their needs and how Airwallex can further add value to their business.
Our product offering:
Works across 3 pillars, Collect, Manage & Spend. This includes, but is not limited to, payments, global bank accounts, company & employee cards, expense management, online payments/payment gateway & API integrations.
- Build deep relationships with our key accounts to best understand their needs & provide value-based solutions utilising our range of products and services
- Achieve revenue targets by focusing on input metrics to deliver the relevant outputs. We have an established framework that the team leans into, but we encourage you to personalise your approach and contribute to the role in a way that works best for you.
- Forecast & build out a pipeline within Salesforce to accurately track numbers for the business to understand how/when/what success you’re driving
- Through your experience & knowledge within sales, you will assist in leading your peers and elevating the commercial group’s skillset
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to share insights from customers & help build out the roadmap of products from this
What you'll bring:
- You have experience - at least 5+ years of B2B experience managing and growing technology/Fintech relationships with enterprise accounts.
- You are confident in your knowledge of API integration and developing creative solutions for clients
- You have experience with enterprise accounts - worked previously with complex sales, feeling comfortable selling to C-level executives
- You are a relationship builder - you build meaningful, collaborative relationships with all people that you work with, both internally and externally
- You can speak to anyone – you should have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable conversing with people of all backgrounds and domains
- You are a problem solver – you look for creative solutions, can easily understand new products, and ask the right questions before figuring out a solution. You can easily simplify complexity for others
- You want to build something great – you should be resilient, driven, creative, patient but persistent, adaptable and work well under pressure
- You are success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes, including KPIs and revenue targets
- You are technically minded and have prior experience working in API B2B sales or account management for a similar organisation
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.