Senior Software Engineer
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and globally in-demand technology company? Amplified Intelligence is the leader in the research and measurement of human attention in media. Providing software solutions that help customers the world-over predict, plan, trade and verify their advertising effectiveness.
Founded in 2017, Amplified Intelligence supports global customers from our South Australian head office, and has team members located across the country as well as a presence in both London and New York. With a startup mentality, it means in this business our roles are often broad in scope but we value specialists and subject matter experts.
Not only that, we care about your career and personal growth. You will have the opportunity to upskill and continue your learning journey by rubbing shoulders with experienced business leaders and through collaboration with our incredible development teams.
Location: Onsite Adelaide Office, 5 days, no relocation available (hybrid)
About the Role:
Playing a crucial role you will participate in the design and creation of scalable software. You will write well-designed, testable code, as well as test and fix bugs or other coding issues.
This role will be involved in the development life cycle, from conception to deployment. The person in this role will be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what is being developed.
The Snr Software Engineer will approach software holistically, considering both user experience and functionality. Coaching more junior staff, code reviews, collaborating on architecture designs and supervising the delivery of code projects.
- Technical iteration on the design, development, documentation, testing, and deployment of data driven software
- Developing flowcharts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Working within an agile development environment
- Producing well-designed, testable, and documented code
- Building systems used for collecting, storing, and analyzing data at scale
- Integrating software components into automated pipelines
- Developing both frontend and backend software
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protections
- Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company requirements
- Willingness to learn and an ability to quickly understand new concepts and to be able to interact with all levels of technical and business teams
- Use of modern technology when developing software
- Contributing to and maintaining a high-quality codebase with good software principles and tests
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years work experience as a software engineer in all stages of software development
- Experience developing cross-platform responsive mobile applications (Flutter/React native/etc)
- Optimising algorithms and software systems which process data at scale
- Developing data analysis tools
- Experience with Swift & Kotlin
- Experience developing web applications in ReactJS
- Experience writing code in a team environment:
- Engaging in code reviews
- Testing (integration/unit)
- Knowledge and application of software principals such as (SOLID/DDD/Clean Architecture)
- Exception handling
- Type systems
- Basic web / networking request knowledge
- High level understanding of client server communication, HTTPS traffic, cookies, etc
- Experience coaching and guiding junior staff
- Experience with developing a browser extension.
- Experience with AWS
- Conceptual thinking: Ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective. Notices similarities between different and apparently unrelated situations. Quickly identifies the central or underlying issues in a complex situation.
- Continues learning: Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skills on the job and learns through their application
- Communicates: Proactively communicates; informs others of what they need to know. Utilizes oral and written communication to enhance relationships across the organization
- Attention to detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time
- Innovation: Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Collaboration: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals. Maintains strong, personal connections with team members and key stakeholders.