We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
Support the Chief Executive Officer and Board to grow the business. Work collaboratively with the senior executive team to:
- Lead the commercial function of the business,
- Deliver commercial and contractual leadership.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of processes & procedures for structured Commercial Management rigour in the business.
- Apply structured, innovative, and customer-focused problem-solving techniques, whilst thinking creatively and innovatively
- Evaluate strategic initiatives for the business which align with business growth opportunities including, but not limited to:
- The commercial and financial feasibility of opportunities;
- Contractual negotiations; and
- Contract Management.
- With the CEO and senior stakeholders take a lead in:
- Exploring commercial business opportunities;
- Delivering commercial opportunities for CEO and Board consideration, taking into account the commercial, financial, legal and contractual outcomes of opportunities;
- Participating in face-to-face presentations with potential business partners and clients; and
- Client relationship development and management
- Lead commercial discussions about use and rights associated with intellectual property (IP) as part of projects, contracts and programs of work.
- Assist in preparation of periodic reports and information for board and senior management, data/information for internal stakeholders.
Experience / Requirements
- 5+ years in a commercial environment including experience in:
- analysing commercial opportunities,
- preparation of detailed Board recommendations;
- negotiating and managing large commercial contracts of which 2 years must be in a senior commercial position.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent Applied EV and successfully deliver sensitive commercial negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, interpret and manage complex high value contracts and business relationships.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and be creative in solving complex problems including conflict, priorities and resourcing.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to facilitate commercial and contract analyst and the ability to facilitate commercial and contract analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract law for contract interpretation and drafting purposes
- Leadership capability and excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Must having existing full working rights to work in Australia.
- The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
- Satisfaction in being at the forefront of creating the future of a new and growing class of autonomous electric vehicles.
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Enjoy kitchen facilities, including an on-site barista, with snacks, drinks, lunch, fresh fruit and tea/coffee
Something looks off?