Functional Safety Engineer
We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
This role can be based with our software team in Budapest, Hungary or in Bayswater Australia, depending on the successful candidate.
To liaise closely with software engineering teams to deliver relevant Functional Safety approvals and certification for a rapidly growing innovation business.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain documentation and processes in consultation with stakeholders to gain and retain appropriate TÜV accreditation.
- Working closely with the Functional Safety Engineering manager:
- Identify risks affecting delivery of project outcomes and develop recommended contingencies or mitigations to ensure completion of projects;
- Identify project dependencies and constructively liaise with relevant departments to ensure projects can be delivered as required (on time and on budget);
- provide regular project plan reports.
- A passionate interest in electric transport/mobility and an interest in developing new generations of electric mobility solutions
- A tertiary qualification in Electrical or Software Engineering
- Implementation of the requirements adhering to functional safety standard ISO 26262
- Leading and coordination of creation of functional safety work products according to ISO 26262
- Experience using safety analysis (HARA, FTA, HAZOP, FMEA) and tools (PLM)
- Strong understanding of product development for automotive and ISO 26262, ASIL decomposition, safety mechanism.
- Demonstrated execution experience in functional safety projects
- Excellent understanding of the EV vehicle and its main core components
- A strong analytical ability and being able to articulate the findings to key stake holders
- Great interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working closely with electrical and software engineering teams on safety critical systems with human interaction.
Experience / Knowledge / Technical Skills Required:
- Understanding of operations, procedures and policies related to Functional Safety.
- Project management skills and experience with a focus on timing and deliverables.
- Industry experience with IEC6150
- Functional Safety Certification/Training
- Industry experience in robotics, automotive or similar.
- Problem solving stakeholder engagement and creativity.
- Collaboration of cross functional teams.
- Resilient to work in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Communication and influencing.
- Risk Management (identification & mitigation of risks).
- Customer Focused (deliverables and outcomes).
- Teamwork - working closely with the leadership team to understand projects and drive successful completion.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise.
- Comfortable with complexity and multiple tasks.
The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
Satisfaction in being at the forefront of creating the future of a new and growing class of autonomous electric vehicles.
Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
Mentorship by senior engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.
Enjoy modern office space and great sense of team.
Something looks off?