We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Work closely within other qualified technicians in our workshop and our engineering design teams (electronics, electrical, software and, mechanical) to help deliver on our business objectives.
In a small, dedicated and experienced team, you will help build our vehicles to specific designs and requirements. You are a team player who has a positive “can do” attitude, has a passion for their work, pride in their workmanship and seeing things through.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A trade qualification as an Automotive Mechanic, or Mechanical Fitter, Vehicle Body Builder, Automotive Trade, or similar
- The ability to interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions.
- Experience in, or the ability to, keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, follow manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Experience in the production of major assemblies by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- The ability to resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying team members to obtain additional input.
- Proficiency in the use of precision hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work well in a tight knit team environment
- Deliver quality output to meet strict deadlines.
- A passionate interest in electric transport and an interest in developing new generations of electric vehicles.
Note: Candidates must have existing full working rights for Australia
Other useful skills and experience
- Other related trade qualifications well regarded
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and quality
- Other licenses, skills or certifications, such as forklift licence, White card, TiG / MiG welding advantageous.
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles in an established, dynamic and forward-thinking growing business.
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- In house barista and lunch provided daily.
- Mentorship by senior engineers and tradespeople from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.
Something looks off?