Power Electronics Engineer
We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems and modular vehicle platforms for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
We are on lookout for engineers with experience in power electronics (PFCs, inverters), motor control units and the like to join and journey and help shape the future.
Check us out at www.appliedev.com
You will be an integral part of a team responsible for helping take our new generation of vehicles to the next stage, working on the design, development and manufacture of our world-class electric mobility control and interface systems.
You will collaborate with our functional teams for deep integration and work closely with our other engineering and build teams to supply, develop and maintain high-quality autonomous electric vehicles.
You will bring:
- An Engineering or Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- A passionate interest in electric transport and an interest in developing new generations of electric vehicles.
- Expertise in electronics design and development, electronic systems, schematic design and PCB layout.
- Hands on experience working on equipment above 2kW
- Proficiency with Altium Designer schematic and PCB layout software.
- An understanding of electric vehicle systems including battery management, BLDC & PMSM motor drivers, high reliability Vehicle Control Units [VCUs], telematics, communications via network standards and CAN Bus.
- Experience in architecting, designing and testing mixed signal electronic systems combining embedded microcontrollers, analog, digital and power driver IC’s, communications and battery management.
- Diligence in design testing and validation. Design and construction of test rigs.
- Product testing and qualification
- Around 3 years of experience in electronics development in industry.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Existing full, unrestricted working rights for Australia
Other Useful Experience:
- Knowledge of real time embedded firmware development in C / C++.
- Understanding of the standards of functional safety ISO26262, IEC61508 and/or ASIL.
- Technical experience related to electronic systems at a component, sub-system and system level.
- An ability to analyse test results, highlight abnormalities and present outcomes to an audience with a range of technical expertise.
- Cross functional knowledge across the disciplines of electronics, mechatronics, and software.
- Capable of mentoring junior engineers in the electronic engineering domain.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles in an established, dynamic and forward-thinking growing business.
- The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- In house barista and lunch provided.
- Mentorship by senior engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.