Senior Electronics Engineer
We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
AEV is looking for a talented Senior Electronics Engineer to join our growing team.
The candidate will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager. You will work on the design, development and manufacture of our world-class electric mobility control and interface systems.
You will be responsible for helping take our generation 6 vehicles to the next stage, working on new control and interface systems of the vehicles.
As the next electronics engineering focused member of our team, you will lead development and execution of our electronic systems and collaborate with our functional teams for deep integration and engage with third parties as necessary.
You will work closely with our engineering and build teams to supply, develop and maintain high-quality autonomous electric vehicles.
- An Engineering or Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- Capable of mentoring a team of electronic design engineers in the electronic engineering domain.
- A passionate interest in electric transport and an interest in developing new generations of electric vehicles.
- Expertise in electronic systems architecture, electronics design and development, design reviews, schematic design and PCB layout.
- Expertise as a team leader and a productive, guiding engineer in the field.
- Proficiency with Altium Designer schematic and PCB layout software.
- An understanding of electric vehicle systems including microcontroller & compute systems, battery management, motor drivers, high reliability Vehicle Control Units, telematics, communications via high speed network standards and CAN Bus.
- Experience architecting, designing and testing mixed signal electronic systems combining embedded microcontrollers, analog, digital and power driver IC’s, communications and battery management.
- Diligence in design testing and validation.
- Experience with EMC testing, safety and certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of electronics leadership and development in industry.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Other Useful Experience:
- An understanding of the standards of functional safety ISO26262, IEC61508 and/or ASIL.
- Knowledge of real time embedded firmware development in C / C++.
- Technical experience related to electronic systems at a component, sub-system and system level.
- An ability to analyse test results, highlight abnormalities and present outcomes to an audience with a range of technical expertise.
- Cross functional knowledge across the disciplines of electronics, mechatronics, and software.
- Experienced with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering the future of electric vehicles alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create autonomous EV's across multiple countries in the world.
- Receive training and development in specialised electronic design domains.
Something looks off?