Embedded Software Architect
We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
Working closely with the Lead Software Engineers, Software Engineering Manager, Systems Engineering Architect and other key internal stakeholders, design software architecture to achieve functional, safety and business objectives.
Duties & tasks include:
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering Architects and Requirements Engineers to understand and analyse the system.
- Design software architecture which satisfies system specifications and requirements; and where this is not achievable, or deficiencies are present, raise this early and participate in workshops with key stakeholders to resolve.
- Design software component interfaces and their interaction.
- Design process sequences and timing behaviours of the software team
- Work closely with the software architect team in the Budapest office.
- Work with the software testing team to allow rapid issue identification and solution testing.
- Map requirements and communicate intended component functionality to software development team.
- Efficiently map software architecture to distributed ecus.
Key Competencies and Skills
The ideal candidate for this position brings with them:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Software/Electronics Engineering
- Proven experience as a software architect in the automotive industry preferred, but aerospace and robotics also considered.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Detailed and creative thinking.
- Experience in embedded software development and coding in C/C++
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Strong understanding of MBD processes and architecture
- Strong understanding of AUTOSAR concepts and architecture
- Experience using MATLAB/Simulink for developing software architecture.
- Understanding of communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, I2C, SPI)
- Understanding of RTOS
- Understanding of software task timing and impacts to software architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Existing full working rights for Australia.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles in an established, dynamic and forward-thinking growing business.
- The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- In house barista with free barista coffee and free lunch provided daily.
- Mentorship by senior engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.