DBB Specialist Electronics Engineer
We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
Take a lead role in the Applied EV electronics team to drive business success. Work closely with cross functional engineering teams and stakeholders in the design, production, repair, debugging, testing, and commissioning of our world leading software defined autonomous electric vehicles.
Essential Key Competencies
You will have:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering
- 3 years + experience in automotive (or equivalent) industry with a minimum 12 months+ experience in the electric vehicle (EV) industry with a focus on the following areas:
- Designing and developing hardware of ECUs from concept to production for use in EVs and Autonomous driving applications.
- Development of energy storage systems for EVs, including high voltage traction battery packs and battery management systems.
- Hands on, practical experience in the following areas in an autonomous electric vehicle development environment:
- Design and testing of hardware for Electronics Control Units (ECUs) for EVs,
- Definition and verification of insulation scheme based on ISO 6469 and IEC 60664 for EVs systems.
- Undertaking hazard and job safety analysis for HV assembly, testing, and commissioning.
- Implementation of ISO 26262 functional safety concept and design and verification of hardware systems based on required Automotive Safety and Integrity Level (ASIL).
- High Voltage battery design to ISO 6469 and IEC 60664 requirements
- Certification as a Functional Safety Engineer in accordance with ISO 26262:2018
- Experience in designing hardware of up to 10kW hybrid inverters, DC/DC converters, switching mode power supplies, MCUs and BMS.
- Multi-layer PCB design of high voltage and high-power carrying boards to IEC 60664 standards.
- Technical proficiency in:
- Altium Designer, Eagle CAD, KiCAD and Proteus.
- Programming (Embedded C, C++)
- Multisim, AutoCAD, Xilinx, Ltspice, Labview, Matlab Simulink and HFSS
Other Useful Experience:
- Proven record of design, implementation, and test of multiple innovative products for autonomous electric vehicles.
- Experienced with Siemens PLM software.
- Experienced with drive-by-wire steering systems.
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles in an established, dynamic and forward-thinking growing business.
- The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- In house barista with free barista coffee and free lunch provided daily.
- Mentorship by senior engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.