Electrical Integration Engineer
We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
Work closely with cross functional engineering teams and stakeholders in the production, repair, debugging, testing, and commissioning of our world leading software defined autonomous electric vehicles.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Liaise closely with cross functional engineering teams, technicians, and program management to help deliver key technical programs to meet the needs of the business. Participate actively in the delivery of significant vehicle level electrical engineering deployment, debugging, testing and commissioning processes along with design improvement as appropriate.
You will have:
- An electrical/electronic or mechatronic engineering or computer science degree, or equivalent experience.
- A passionate interest in electric transport and an interest in developing new generations of electric vehicles.
- Experience in electronic design and development, electrical systems, schematic and PCBs.
- Experience in using a range of electronic test equipment in your field of work.
- An understanding of electric vehicle systems including battery management, BLDC & PMSM motor drivers, high reliability Vehicle Control Units [VCUs], telematics, communications via network standards and CAN Bus.
- Experience working with and testing mixed signal electronic systems combining embedded microcontrollers, analog, digital and power driver IC’s, communications and battery management.
- Diligence in design testing and validation.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in the electrical, electronic or automotive industry.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exisiting full working rights for Australia.
Other Useful Experience:
- Technical experience related to electronic systems at a component, sub-system and system level.
- An ability to analyse test results, highlight abnormalities and present outcomes to an audience with a range of technical expertise.
- Cross functional knowledge across the disciplines of electronics, mechatronics, and software.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles in an established, dynamic and forward-thinking growing business.
- The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- In house barista with free barista coffee and free lunch provided daily.
- Mentorship by senior engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.