Senior Embedded Controls Engineer
We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
Working closely with the Lead Software Engineers, Software Engineering Manager, and other key internal stakeholders, design application-level software to achieve functional, safety and business objectives.
Duties & tasks include:
- Lead a small, focused team of engineers to deliver controls software for electric vehicles with focus on energy management and body controls.
- Design software components to realise specifications and requirements from systems engineering.
- Implement designs by hand coding and/or using Model Based Design.
- Perform unit tests on implemented software components (MIL and SIL).
- Work with testing team to allow for rapid issue identification and solution testing.
- Be involved in the full life-cycle of software development from concept through integration, test, and release to vehicles.
Key Competencies and Skills
The ideal candidate for this position brings with them:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or the equivalent in experience with focus on controls engineering.
- 3+ years of proven industry experience in a software development environment
- Experience using Simulink to create software components in a Model Based Design workflow.
- Experience generating code using MathWorks tools, and analysis of generated code.
- Experience with plant model creation and simulation.
- Proficient in embedded C/C++.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Knowledge of version control (Git).
- Detailed and creative thinking.
- High quality organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- Problem solving
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English.
Candidates must have exiting full working rights for Australia.
- Experience in automotive, aerospace or robotics industries preferred.
- Experience in battery modelling and charging control.
- Experience working in an agile workflow.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Familiarity with communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, I2C, SPI).
- Familiarity with RTOS.
- Experience leading a team.
- Work at an exciting world leading technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- State of the art engineering and technology facilities in a new fit out with in house cafe delivering barista coffee and free lunch daily.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles in an established, dynamic and forward-thinking growing business.
- The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
- Mentorship by senior engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.