Senior Engineering Manager - Confluence Mobile
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand.
Your future team
We're hiring a Senior Engineering Manager to join Confluence Mobile, leading the Mobile Editor team. You'll be part of Confluence which is Atlassian's flagship product within the work management market. Work Management is one of three market focal points for Atlassian, alongside DevOps and IT Service Management. As Atlassian's second largest product driver of paid users, Confluence continues to make strides as the team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet.
You'll be responsible for building an effective team, empowering them to achieve their goals, and putting those goals into a broader context. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of software engineers through hiring, mentoring, and hands-on career development.
- Work with product managers, designers and principal engineers to guide the roadmap for scaling and evolving the product or services your team delivers.
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for the engineers in your team.
- Drive cultural and process improvements through engineering excellence, quality and efficiency.
- Support teams in driving large projects with complex dependencies and multiple partners.
- Communicate strategy, plans, and status at all levels of the Confluence organisation.
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineers.
- 10+ years of experience building mobile software at a similar sized SaaS company.
- Experience influencing teams inside and outside your own organisation, with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders and teams across different geo-locations.
- Experience driving operational and engineering excellence improvements across teams, setting and maintaining high standards for engineering teams.
- Experience and passion with shipping customer-facing features.
- Experience managing employee performance and career growth.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.