Senior Engineering Manager - JWM Horizon
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our mission at Atlassian is to unleash the potential of every team. As an engineering leader for Jira Work Management at Atlassian, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools.
This is a remote position. With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand.
Your future team
We're hiring a Senior Engineering Manager, reporting to the Head of Engineering. You'll be part of our Jira Work Management team that is comprised of people with backgrounds in engineering, product, design, marketing, and data science. We build Project Management tools for non-technical teams and are a fast growing product in a multi billion dollar market . You'll lead and empower a team of software engineers to achieve their goals, applying your technical expertise and focus on outcomes to achieve success. .
What you'll do
- Hire, form, and grow a new team, and establish its culture, processes, and social connections
- Be responsible for high-quality software delivery, grow individuals and groom leaders on the team and contribute to architecture
- Partner with Designers, Product Managers and Principal Engineers to deliver projects and business goals
- Improve excellence in security, reliability, quality, and performance for everything your teams ship
- Perform code reviews, and architectural reviews to improve engineering craft
- Identify blockers, goals, and success metrics ensuring achievement of our business goals
- Manage projects, stakeholders, partners, timelines, comms, etc.
- 5+ years experience managing software engineers
- 10+ years of experience building large-scale and modern web software and operating it in production
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and micro-services
- Success with building great product in a face paced environment and running experiments at scale
- Passion for mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.