Senior Engineering Manager, Growth Engineering
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role is fully remote, but requires you to be located in ANZ time zone.
You'll be part of the Purchases Team in Growth Engineering who are driving improvements to help our customers discover the best licence tiers for their teams through rapid experimentation across our products.
In the Growth Engineering team you will partner with teams made up of different crafts making decisions using complex data across Atlassian and help your team deliver unique features.
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you'll be a technical leader and people manager, responsible for guiding the team to technical decisions for production services, helping prioritise and organise the team's work, and providing career growth and mentorship opportunities to your team.
You will manage a group of managers and principal engineers, and work closely with your design and product management counterparts to build user journeys that unleash the potential of our future customers.
What you'll do:
- Inspire innovation and operational excellence
- Own the delivery of critical projects in a microservices environment
- Be the engineering voice in our quarterly planning process
- Build an open, trusting, operationally mature culture
- Participate in hiring planning and other budgeting exercises
- Collaborate in technical/architectural discussions, provide direction, and drive decision-making
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineers
- 2+ years of experience managing other managers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Demonstrated experience partnering with product managers and designers to create the course of a product
- Demonstrated experience implementing dev-ops best practices
- Familiarity working with publicly facing high traffic e-commerce websites
- Excited to foster a culture of continuous improvement
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.