Senior Mobile Engineer - iOS
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
WHAT IS BLINQ?
🤝 The first interaction two people have is the bedrock of all strong business relationships. If you can make that experience special, you can start to build a great second interaction, and so on. Blinq is the tool to help people do that. We're building a platform that allows you to share a snapshot of who you are with anyone, anywhere via digital business cards, dynamic email signatures and virtual backgrounds. Join us on our mission to help the world connect.
(We will get to the fun perks part at the bottom, keep going!)
Let's dive into what makes Blinq an extraordinary product:
🚀 We're on an incredible growth trajectory, doubling our ARR every few months. Get ready to soar to new heights as we make waves in the industry!
😃 Our app is trusted and loved by employees at renowned companies like Patreon, Tesla, Uber, and Google. Rub shoulders with industry leaders and be part of the Blinq revolution.
🙌 Backed by Australia's top venture capitalists, Blackbird and Square Peg, we've brought together their investment prowess since Canva's seed round. It's a testament to our potential and the caliber of our vision.
❤️ With over 50K reviews and a stellar 4.9/5 star rating on the App Store, we've become one of the top 65 Business apps. Join a team that's making waves and be a part of our success story!
As a seasoned iOS Engineer, you'll be joining a close-knit team alongside three other dedicated native iOS engineers. Given the size of the team and the amount of work we need to do on the codebase, your expertise will have a monumental impact. At Blinq, we're gearing up for an exciting phase: migrating to SwiftUI and crafting a component library to share a common design language with our Android counterparts. You'll also play a pivotal role in enhancing our CI/CD stack, increasing observability, and the freedom to invest in whatever other strategic technical projects you identify.
What You Will Own:
- Code Review: Conduct thorough code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, and adherence to best practices.
- Mentorship: Mentor junior engineers, providing guidance, feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Collaboration: Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to define product and technical roadmaps.
- Optimisation: Optimise application performance, reducing latency and ensuring a seamless user experience. Experience reducing app size is a plus.
- Testing: Write and maintain unit and integration tests to ensure app reliability and robustness.
- Continuous Learning: Keep abreast of the latest iOS development trends, technologies, and best practices to ensure our app remains cutting-edge.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working on multiple iOS codebases with millions of regular users.
- Experience in technical leadership roles, task break down, and mentoring junior engineers.
- Familiarity with component based UI development such as SwiftUI.
- Strong understanding of iOS app architectures, such as clean, VIPER, or MVVM.
- Experience with GraphQL a plus.
- Experience with Widgets and Watch apps is ideal.
- Experience using CoreData or similar local data storage.
- 4+ years experience as a professional software engineer, minimum 2 years Swift experience.
Now, let's talk about our inspiring work environment:
🇦🇺 Based in Melbourne, Australia, our vibrant team of 28 (and growing rapidly) is making waves in the industry.
🍺 Fun-fact: Our office overlooks the oldest building in Australia, an enchanting old Irish pub. Experience history and innovation coming together!
🎲 We believe in fostering a healthy work-life balance, board games, and top-notch stand-up desk workstations. It's all about creativity and collaboration.
🏡 Autonomy is our guiding principle, which is why we embrace hybrid work. Come in when you need to, or work at your optimal hours—whether that's burning the midnight oil or rising with the sun.
And here's what we offer:
😎As an early member of the Blinq family, you'll enjoy a one-of-a-kind chance to influence the company's direction in a dynamic, self-managed, and results-driven startup environment. Say goodbye to corporate nonsense and micro-management because here, you are your own boss. We believe in empowering our team members to unleash their full potential.
💸Equity in the business and a competitive salary: We value our team members and want to ensure they share in our success.
✨But here's the real magic: at Blinq, we're not just creating innovative solutions – we're creating a culture that thrives on transparency, autonomy, collaboration, and big ideas. We believe in celebrating individuality and encouraging out-of-the-box thinking. With us, you'll be inspired to push boundaries, drive innovation, and ultimately leave a lasting impact on our users on both B2C and B2B realms
🚨 If you do not check all the boxes above, that is okay - we enthusiastically encourage you to apply!
We welcome individuals at all experience levels and take pride in being an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce. Join us on this remarkable journey as we reshape the way people connect and network