People Business Partner
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
We're looking for an experienced people guru to help us continue to build one of the best software companies in the world. Our fully remote environment is fast paced and fluid and our People Team are passionate, values champions committed to supporting our teams to unblock every software developer on the planet. You’ll be partnering with many different stakeholders, closely collaborating and supporting our Bikkies across Australia and the world, to ensure an employee experience that is second to none. You will be a people enabler who thinks strategically and is also excited to roll up your sleeves and get things done. A critical aspect of the role is the support you will provide our people managers, supporting them to effectively lead their teams through the provision of practical and individualised policy guidance on a wide range of matters across the employee lifecycle.
You’ll join our People team of 5 and will report to our Director of People Experience, Kirsten.
What your typical day may look like:
• Jump on zoom calls to talk to Buildkite employees all over the world.
• Partner with people managers to support, coach and enable them to effectively lead their people.
• Drive a remote-first culture that is high-empathy, but also high-performance. Help us drive improvement and change whilst also taking everyone along on the journey.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to all employees to guide them through their day to day work, their Buildkite careers and any interpersonal interactions they would like support with.
• Manage relationships with global employment services to ensure our international employees are safe, supported and able to thrive.
• Work with the people and finance teams to support new hires to onboard.
• Manage benefits programs, including compensation, allowances and other things like healthcare, regularly identifying where change and improvements are needed.
• Collaborate with teams to build programs that celebrate and support all employees.
• Manage our HRIS and other online systems we use for our people processes.
• Ensure we are complying with legislation in all the jurisdictions that we operate in.
This job is for you if you:
• Deeply understand HR legislation but do not present as the HR Police. You will be the first point of call for a wide variety of situations and will be experienced and confident to respond empathetically and accordingly in the moment.
• Can appreciate what good, and not so good HR processes look like to inform your opinions on how we can improve.
• Care deeply about people and their employee experience. You’ll work with everyone at Buildkite to level up their experience at work.
• Can demonstrate the ability to quickly develop solid relationships with your partners and have a history of being a trusted advisor when it
comes to people challenges.
• Are an excellent communicator who approaches all interactions with curiosity and empathy. You value authenticity and accountability and
are able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking.
• Are organised. You’ll be managing multiple work streams. Effective project management will help you succeed in this role.
• Enjoy working in a team. One of Buildkite’s values is Build it Together, and collaboration is key to our success and experience at work. • Another value is Bring the Weird. Please do!
• Care about building a diverse company culture. Diversity of experience leads to better solutions and creates more sustainable cultures. • You’ll work with people managers and the people team to ensure we are fairly assessing employees, and making promotion decisions that
help us grow as an organisation.
• Appreciate software development tools and processes. Buildkite builds tools for engineers to build software, and our culture is influenced
by continuous delivery principles.
Ideally, you are on the Australian east coast to align working hours with all members of the People Team to ensure maximum collaboration times.
$100,000 - $130,000 AUD
Salary is dependent on experience.
See more open positions at Buildkite
Something looks off?