Freelance Education Videographer - Australia (Remote)
Marketing & Communications
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Education is at the forefront of Canva’s content goals. Canva connects with the education community as a go-to platform for students, parents, teachers, and schools, as they explore more creative and collaborative features to suit their needs. Providing education users with innovative tools also means supporting them with an array of learning materials that are both ready-to-use and easily adaptable. We also need to ensure that these materials are vetted by subject matter experts, developed in line with curriculum guidelines and academic standards of various locales, and created with engaging and flexible copy for users to put their own spin on it.
We are now looking for a Freelance Videographer with experience creating video content with an Education lens, who will work with the Canva Creative team to create curriculum-aligned Science, Maths, ELA and Design/Visual Arts Videos for students in Australia. This is a rare opportunity for Videographers accustomed to working independently and looking to develop their craft by challenging themselves creatively. This is a 12-month freelance opportunity.
As an Education Videographer, you will be working on:
Simple Conceptual briefs
- Simple background videos with a Education lens for example water and liquids
- Studio conceptual videos for example a piece of Scientific equipment in a studio setting
- Groups of children and a teacher in authentic and diverse classroom environments with a global perspective
- Subject-related themes that show narrative and multiple setups for example Showing the Process of Chemical Reactions Experiments
- Portraits focusing on children (ages 5-18) and/or teachers
To apply, please share with us:
- A link or PDF to your portfolio/work samples
- You have an online portfolio showcasing your videography work with an Education lens (please share the link in your application)
- You possess an exceptional understanding of the fundamentals of videography and have a proven track record of delivering fresh, relevant, high-quality videos.
- You have an outstanding eye for detail
- You have experience directing and access to school-aged children (ages 5-18)
- You possess a valid Working with Children Check in Australia
- You have experience directing small groups of actors
- You have access to classroom locations or the ability to build your own set that replicates a classroom. Example: Primary Classroom, Higher School Classroom, Science Classroom, Arts Classroom, Maths Classroom
- You have experience in securing releases for locations and models
- You are confident in sourcing education props for Science, Maths, ELA and Design that adhere to the art direction and brief requirements
- You are skilled with post-production software including Adobe Premiere Pro, and Blackmagic Da Vinci.
- You hold a good command of English and your local language
- You own or have full access to videography equipment or a rental house
- You can commit to at least one shoot every fortnight
- You enjoy collaborating with creatives
- You are confident you can run production within an allotted production timeline
- You love to produce elevated and authentic content
About the team
As Canva continues to scale, so does our user base, and in order to ensure we’re providing fresh, relevant ‘ingredients’ for all of their design needs, we’re continually producing and acquiring new content in the form of photos, graphics, fonts, videos, and more.
The mission of the Videos team is to create high-quality, diverse and inspiring videography. One of our biggest goals is to diversify and grow our video library providing our users with authentic, culturally relevant videos that they can use in their designs.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.