Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As a Financial Accountant supporting our Payroll, Employee Benefits and Recognition & Rewards teams, your core goal will be to aid Canva on its mission to become one of the most valuable companies in the world, by preserving the integrity of Canva’s monthly financial accounting processes. With the number of our global team continuing to increase and flourish, the scope of your reach and impact is literally limitless!
As the main point of contact between Payroll Operations and the wider Accounting function, the successful individual will continue to mature the financial processes at Canva by business partnering & implementing improvements & efficiencies of processes gained from being able to convert payroll complexities to accounting requirements.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Be responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the Accounting for our People & Benefit transactions for Canva’s global entities in line with reporting requirements and timelines.
- Maintain and update calculations for any new accounting considerations arising from Canva’s wide range of employee benefits
- Own balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis for our people-related accounts including month-on-month fluctuation analysis at period-end
- Recommend and implement process improvements that can scale with the growth of the business
- Act as a key business partner between Employee Benefits, Accounting and Forecasting functions, providing insights and ad hoc reporting to support business initiatives
You're probably a match if you have:
- Experience within a Big-4 Accounting environment, additional in-house experience beneficial
- Knowledge of developing accounting processes from scratch, as well as general ledger accounting experience
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data, with an eagerness to learn the exciting complexities (and opportunities!) within the Employee Benefits space
- Adept at collaborator management, with a high level of maturity in dealing with confidential information
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite, SAP, Oracle
- Intermediate to advanced Excel/ Google Sheet skills
- Have a keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
About the team
The Finance Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance team.
This role sits within our Finance subspecialty team, Payroll. Currently, a team of six (and growing!), based across Australia and the Philippines we look after the processing, payment, compliance and recording of our Global Canvanaut workforce remuneration and recognition. We currently operate ten payrolls and a number of Employer of Record (EOR) and contingent workforce arrangements across the globe.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?