Procurement Manager, Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
We're not your average procurement team! Having only been around for a few years, we're at the start of our Procurement journey here at Canva and with that, our approach and processes are constantly evolving as Canva continues to scale.
We have a vision to be the most customer centric Procurement team in the universe, and we view our mission as maximising the impact of every Canvanaut by getting them what they need, when they need it.
Canva's incredible growth is underpinned by Marketing's strategic focus, which is to build brand love and drive efficient MAU growth! As a Procurement Manager, specifically supporting our Marketing Supergroup, you will help to spend every dollar in the most impactful way as we scale.
What you'll do
- Establish and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships across the business, promoting early engagement with Sourcing and involvement on key deals
- Play a vital role in identifying untapped opportunities across a wide range of marketing services that will drive positive impact and success for the business.
- Through your impact become a trusted advisor for supplier management, negotiations, and supplier business review
- Support building efficient and effective processes and reporting
- Support the execution of spend management projects that accomplish key objectives; savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved visibility & control of expenditures.
- Effectively partner with the Finance, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team to help drive Canva’s growth
We'd love it if you had
- Procurement experience, with experience as a confident negotiator within the marketing sector
- Canva as a whole moves very fast, so being able to juggle multiple projects of different sizes should be your speciality. Navigate the demands from the business, influencing and winning hearts and minds along the way
- The role certainly has its operational / urgent elements, however, the sign of success is to balance these needs with a longer term strategic focus
- You'll need to be able to deal with a fair degree of ambiguity and be willing to roll up your sleeves to problem solve
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.