Senior Contingent Workforce Business Partner - 12 month contract
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
The Global Contingent Workforce team is on a mission to build a global talent community of diverse and engaged contingent workers, to access the skills we need to sustainably scale into the future. Our team supports Canva achieve its crazy big goals by leveraging the contingent workforce as a strategic workforce lever. We also ensure a delightful experience for contingent workers and their key contacts, and are responsible for all aspects of the contingent workforce journey.
We're looking for a passionate individual to join the team as a Contingent Workforce Business Partner. A champion of Canva's values, you’ll work closely with People Group peers, and Group Leads to identify, navigate and solve problems, while also developing and launching Contingent Workforce programs that support all contractors to be successful. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting teams to scale effectively.
You have experience with the complexities of a global program and the ability to simplify and standardise processes at scale for ease of use and consistency. Strategically motivated, you aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done. Your interest and experience in Contingent Workforce Management will contribute to the Contingent Workforec team’s mission. We’re excited to introduce this new role to help achieve our mission!
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with commercial groups, key contacts, and contingent workers across different time zones. Immerse yourself in the Canva culture, ensuring alignment with the company's values and practices.
- Partner with Canva’s core operational teams to roll-out a renewed world-class contractor strategy to our Business Groups and provide strategic guidance and direction on their contingent workforce needs.
- Help standardise and ensure consistency and dat integrity in contractor systems and processes amongst groups and teams that sit within business groups.
- Deliver and finesse tailored contingent workforce management strategies & solutions, driving process improvement and efficiencies that both scale and enable us to achieve Crazy Big Goals.
- Partner with Canva key contract and stakeholders to advise, educate, and influence on various contingent workforce issues.
- Be a strategic member of the People group and a trusted advisor to the Group leads and teams; guiding and helping leaders on the full gamut of contingent workforce challenges and opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business strategy, goals, opportunities and challenges we’re working to solve.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in the contingent workforce management space.
- Knowledge of job functions and industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Experience working with and influencing a wide range of partners, including senior leaders, team leads and coaches.
- Experience prioritising, leading and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work in a collaborative, high-growth environment.
- Self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- Someone with a bias for action, constantly targeting for positive impact and being a force for good.
- Progressive, innovative and passionate about developing extraordinary people and organisations.
- Background working with tech startups or in hyper growth and scaling environments.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?