Creative Director, Growth
Design, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
The Creative Group’s mission is for Canva “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. We are scaling our team, budgets, and operations to drive brand awareness and growth in our 100+ markets around the world.
Our Mission in Growth Creatives is to drive Canva’s global growth through engaging performance, mobile and Lifecycle campaigns at speed & scale
About the Role/Specialty
As Canva scales, change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun! This will give you the flavor of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve…
As the Creative Director of Growth Creative, you will be responsible for creating world-class performance marketing and direct response advertising campaigns that help to deliver on Canva’s ambitious user growth and revenue goals.
You’ll develop briefs, oversee creative campaigns, implement robust testing and tracking processes, and lead your creative team to deliver impactful campaigns at scale and speed.
With a deep understanding of social & digital channels, you’ll employ best practices to create high-performing content, exploring new ways to leverage our community of content creators, and showcase Canva’s products for consumer and B2B audiences.
You’ll work at the crossroads of creativity, data and innovation. Steering creative output with new messaging and positioning hypotheses from our Product Marketing and Brand Marketing teams, testing new ideas, insights and strategies; and doubling down on those that are working.
You’ll lead, mentor and motivate a talented creative team of 25+ designers, copywriters and motion designers across Australia and Philippines, inspiring them to constantly push the boundaries of creative effectiveness.
- Help achieve Canva’s business targets and brand goals through customer-focused and data-led marketing campaigns across all digital paid channels (search, display, paid social, video, mobile, sponsored content, and affiliate) along with Lifecycle, CRO and ASO efforts.
- Provide creative direction to influence art direction and brand voice for high-performing assets that engage and convert.
- Run really fast at creative iteration, implementing and optimizing processes, systems and workflows to design an end-to-end creative engine
- Driving creative technology and innovation to keep pace with the growth of the company.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer target’s mindsets, attitudes and behaviors to inform strong creative development.
- Learn from channel and business performance data to develop insights and create engaging content that drives outcomes for our community and the business.
- Lead and empower your creative team, providing direction, mentorship and coaching, mobilizing them to execute on your vision while positioning them to achieve their own professional development goals.
- Partner with our Executive Creative Director, Creative Operations Lead, and Head of Performance Marketing to set seasonal marketing goals and advise on planning, organizing and creative resource management to achieve those goals.
What we're looking for
- Extensive proven agency and/or client-side consumer marketing experience, as a creative leader who has successfully delivered growth results across digital channels
- Experience working on performance campaigns for direct-to-consumer brands at scale, delivering high volume and global production efforts
- Proficient understanding of performance marketing channels, social platform best practices, and user acquisition KPIs
- Excellent design craft and copywriting skills, and a portfolio that shows experience with Performance Creative
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills, allowing you to communicate complex information simply and clearly
- You’ve led creative teams and know what it takes to inspire and grow them
- You thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that requires the ability to problem solve, drive chaos to clarity, and maintain personal resilience
- You’re an energy giver with a positive outlook. A natural empathetic teammate, with a consistent track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.