FP&A, Performance (6 month FTC)
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
FP&A is an incredibly powerful function and it’s no different at Canva! As we continue to grow at scale we need to make sure that everyone is investing mindfully in the strategies and goals that are going to drive the most growth and have the biggest impact. Working closely with Business Leaders, our CFO and Investor Relations we help the company predict, track, report (and smash) their goals.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate FP&A, you will play a pivotal role in delivering managerial reporting, crafting key messaging for our external stakeholders including investors, analysts and board members, and creating insights and reports that contribute to our quarterly investor presentations and board decks. You will form trusted relationships with the wider FP&A team and will have exposure to key metrics that groups at Canva track as indicators of success.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Designing, building and maintaining various reports; navigating large amounts of data to present in a logical and efficient manner.
- Managing the quarterly investor and board presentations with the Investor Relations team, Q&A support and ad hoc analysis.
- Serving as a primary point of contact for all standard investor requests and audit confirmations.
- Supporting the collation of monthly business reporting.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve financial reporting and insights provided to the business, processes, data quality and data availability.
- Creating and maintaining an FP&A source of truth via a centrally owned catalogue of metrics, definitions and data sources.
- Assisting in the FP&A system implementation and enhancement in collaboration with other FP&A team members and the Finance systems team.
You're probably a match if
- You have previous work experience in FP&A.
- You’re comfortable manipulating and interpreting large amounts of data (financial and non-financial).
- You have the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You possess strong technical skills - MS Excel with exposure to ERP.
- You have a demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with stakeholders through transparency and dependability.
- You possess a strong work ethic and can work collaboratively with the wider FP&A team and the Investor Relations team.
As this is a 6 month FTC initially, we are unable to offer equity at this time.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.