Operations Business Partner - Data
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on;
- Owning the Data speciality operations end-to-end: Building cadences, documentation and administrative infrastructure that are essential to driving operational excellence and hitting goals. You’ll develop tracking initiatives, run planning processes, assist with company-wide product development adherences and constantly iterate on this as Canva grows. You will also coordinate and facilitate meetings, and constantly look for ways to improve our operational cadences.
- Proactively owning the internal communication and events cadences for the Data speciality; facilitating relationships to ensure all relevant teams and partners are up to date and working efficiently, and ensuring issues and concerns that may prevent progress are anticipated, unblocked, and long term solutions to these are developed.
- Proactively driving initiatives forward and keeping programs on track by coordinating and tracking timelines, milestones, and statuses, calling out issues as needed. You will own the coordination of special projects and drive them to unilateral success by coordinating and communicating between key project owners.
- Being the Glue of the Team: You’ll be the go to for anything core operations, which will see you involved in a variety of projects, process improvements, people mapping and meeting facilitation. We love to come together and celebrate at Canva so you’ll be playing a big part in driving a meaningful culture of collaboration, and celebrating the group reaching those crazy, big goals through coordinating events and wrangling representatives and content for these when required.
- Forecasting and predicting emerging opportunities: In time, you will be anticipating emerging opportunities across the Supergroup, and preemptively working on solutions, constantly looking for areas to improve.
You'll probably be a match if you have:
- You have strengths in prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You have experience in Organisational Change Management & Communications
- You have proven experience in Project Management or a similar role, within the start/scale up tech environment and are adept at working across cross functional teams and leaders.
- You have experience and/or high interest in Data, Cyber Security or Risk & Governance programs You are truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow an inaugural role to build out the specialty with humility and willingness to question one’s own assumptions
- You are able to build relationships and rapport fast and constantly expand your internal networks
About the Data team
This role will be aligned to the Data Supergroup and speciality, and you'll be working to build solid operational excellence and embed this in everything we do - steering Canva towards growth and success for years to come!The Data Supergroup is foundational to how Canva teams delight our users and grow our business in order to maintain our market-leading position. The high-performance team behind Data Supergroup are passionate about building data products and platform services that all Canva teams use to effortlessly make smart decisions to improve the user experience.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Operations Business Partner - Andy Gott has to say about working in Operations at Canva -
"Our mission is to keep the wheels of the business turning efficiently."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.