Business Development Manager - Work from anywhere in ANZ
Join our fast growing, ambitious team!
Are you a highly driven, action oriented Business Development Manager who is passionate about delivering value to your clients? Do you want your results to speak for themselves with uncapped commissions?
Compono are seeking a new Business Development Manager to join our fast growing team, in a fully flexible work environment where outputs are the focus and you are trusted and empowered to achieve your targets! This role will suit a sales professional that embraces the concept of ‘being my own CEO’.
Compono is a SaaS company that unlocks the potential of people. For companies large and small, we provide intelligent solutions to find, hire, develop and engage people by uniquely harnessing the power of data, science and technology. Our flexible modular solutions harness the power of your people, driving greater productivity and competitive advantage.
Our recruitment and engagement solutions generate insights through neuroscience, machine learning and data analytics, to maximise people potential. Whilst our learning and development solutions leverage our expertise in human behaviour and instructional design, to deploy impactful and immersive learning experiences, giving people the skills they need.
Under the guidance of the Chief Growth Officer, you will be responsible for driving the growth of the Compono business in an individual contributor role. You will be finding and converting new business opportunities at a level that meets and / or exceeds sales targets primarily. To achieve this you will:
- Become an ambassador for the Compono Platform products, bringing knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for what we do to our target market. Genuinely care about our customers and their challenges.
- Be self-motivated and drive your own daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly outbound activity to meet and exceed your sales targets, with the support of the growth team data, systems and resources.
- Leverage a multi-channel outbound process that requires proficiency in cold calling, email marketing, social media, & video marketing.
- Help educate prospects on Compono’s platform and products and the tailored value proposition to each of them.
- Longer term, you will be able to conduct product demos to potential clients with a high degree of proficiency.
- Ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of the Compono’s products and help educate our Clients on Compono’s products and platform vision and the value proposition to each of them.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulation changes in key regional markets and the impact on our Compono products.
- Keep abreast of market trends, partner channels and competitors in key regional markets.
- Work closely with the Customer Success Team to ensure a smooth and effective handover and onboarding experience for the custom and identify and/or convert revenue expansion opportunities, and partner technology opportunities.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 2+ years experience in a sales, inside sales or business development position. Experience in SaaS, technology or HR is an advantage.
- Good understanding of, or experience with, small and medium-sized business and their recruitment, culture management and talent development pain points.
- Good understanding of the sales outreach process.
- Previous experience using prospecting and sales outreach tools and channels, including email, cold calling, and social, as well as CRM systems and prospecting data systems.
- Be able to have meaningful, engaging conversations with HR Managers, Talent Acquisition Managers, L&D Managers, Business Leaders.
- Knowledge of (or the ability to acquire) software contract terms and conditions with the ability to create fair transactions.
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision making and provide data to prospective clients on impact to their business.
- Ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers. Obsessive about helping create the ultimate customer experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal along with well-developed influencing and presentation techniques to build strategic internal/external relationships.
- Strong selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively upsell products and services; can bring a sale to closure.
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills.
- Fully committed to achieving performance targets
Why join Compono?
The thing is… we’ve been thinking about work the wrong way for far too long. We’ve been trying so hard to keep our personal lives and our professional lives separate. But this simply isn’t possible. Because at our core we're the same person no matter the (life) situation; whether at work or at home.
How we see ourselves has always been tied to what we do. Which means, work isn’t just something you do, it’s part of who you are – even if you don’t realise it. After all, it’s where we spend most of our adult lives. Finding the right type of work, and the right businesses to work for, is intrinsically linked to our sense of identity, belonging, purpose, and overall happiness as people.
But the right jobs aren’t easy to find. Because traditional recruitment methods are flawed. There’s too much focus on what we have done in the past, rather than who we are and what we can do. Which prevents us from reaching our full potential. And that shuts off opportunities we'd otherwise be perfect for, if only we knew it.
So we keep choosing the wrong jobs, and businesses keep choosing the wrong people. And this misalignment results in unhappy people, unfulfilling careers, and unproductive workplaces.
Compono is here to change this.
Our values determine how we show up for our team and our customers. We are customer obsessed and we strive to go above and beyond by continuously innovating showing value through measurable outcomes.
What we Offer:
- Fully flexible working environment, work anywhere across Australia or NZ.
- Competitive base salary + generous commission structure with uncapped commission.
- Startup environment with a trust and empowerment culture.
- World-class sales training and support to further your career.
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
This profile will help us to better understand who you are; the types of skills and work experience you have, the qualifications you hold and the work preferences and expectations you have. Completing this profile will also help you understand more about us and whether you think Compono is a good fit for you.
Please contact Radhika Kantaria at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further details.
We’ve created an environment built on honesty, openness and inclusiveness. We pride ourselves in providing equal opportunities to everyone regardless of race, origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status. We promise to do our best to accommodate everyone’s reasonable diverse needs to the best of our ability. If you have special needs and require assistance with your application, please reach out to email@example.com.