Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
As a Data Scientist, you will contribute to our BrightWrite Experimentation and AI platform. As the power behind all of CoverGenius' products, BrightWrite is essential for our experimentation, price optimization, and product recommendation programs. It serves our internal needs and those of our external partners.
You will collaborate closely with our engineering team, developing robust algorithms to address real-time product recommendation and pricing use cases, improving A/B Testing methodology, and developing applications for Generative AI technology.
Main Duties & Responsilities;
- You will design and implement algorithms to optimise yield, with a special focus on Contextual Bandits for product recommendation and pricing.
- You will also be responsible for developing use cases using Large Language Models and multimodal AI tools, including fine-tuning of internal models and model evaluation.
- You will identify opportunities to continuously improve systems and processes.
Attributes & Experience
- 4+ years of practical, hands-on experience with various Machine Learning and statistical testing techniques
- Familiarity with contextual bandits and revenue management methodologiesHands on experience with deep learning models
- Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on product delivery
- Exceptional communication, able to explain statistical concepts to diverse audiences.
- A quick learner who embraces new challenges and is not hesitant to push boundaries.
- Comfortable working in a DevOps environment with a basic understanding of the principles
- Master's or PhD in Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other Quantitative fields.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
*Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?