Business Finance Associate
Accounting & Finance
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Cover Genius is a global Insurtech with a vision to protect all the customers of the world’s largest online companies. Partners such as Booking.com, eBay, Shipstation and AXS have integrated XCover, our insurance distribution platform that enables companies in a wide range of industries to sell or distribute any line of insurance in any country.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 10 countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
The Business Finance Analyst will play an essential role in our growing business, assisting with reporting obligations to external Partners and Underwriters across all regions, ensuring all reporting obligations are met.
What your working week will involve
- Preparation and testing of Partner and Underwriter reporting on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly basis.
- Troubleshooting data issues, identifying cause of problems and working with the relevant teams to correct problems.
- Assisting with the implementation process for reporting to new Partners and Underwriters.
- Providing support to the broader finance team and business as required.
- Preparing ad hoc analysis.
- Identify process improvements.
What the ideal profile looks like
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Recently qualified or in the process of obtaining CA/CPA qualification is highly desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and reporting as well as process improvement.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with accuracy and attention to detail.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!