Senior Process Engineer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As Senior Process Engineer, Customer Operations, you will be integral in architecting our internal system designs, focusing on delivering seamless customer-centric interactions. Your primary goal is to maximize the usage of automation, smart configurations to ensure a reliable and efficient workflow across all regions and product lines.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the systems used by our customer team, including Zendesk (CRM), Timedoctor (Performance), and Knowledge Bases. Thanks to you, the customer support and claims teams will be able to follow smooth team guidelines and effective collaboration across regions. You will also be responsible for planning & building data collection systems to collect relevant data and insights to drive operational excellence.
To succeed in this role, you will have experience managing and leading as a system administrator focusing on continuous improvement in an agile environment. You will also have a demonstrated ability to launch operations, set up frameworks for scalability, and have an open mind to adapt to an ever-shifting set of priorities that accompany a start-up environment. As the Senior Process Engineer, Customer Operations - you will be responsible for taking complex ideas and “translating”
them into customer-friendly support frameworks and implementing new processes and capabilities with internal stakeholders to improve operational efficiency and enable scalable growth.
- Manage and administer the Zendesk platform, TimeDoctor, Knowledge Base, Zapier Integrations, and other applications the Customer Team uses. Activities include user access, ticketing workflows, automation, and system integrations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather requirements and implement changes or customizations to Zendesk to meet business needs.
- Partner with internal security to ensure operations are secure and compliant
- Configure and maintain integrations with third-party tools and applications, inclusive of webhooks, widgets and dedicated partner support channels
- Utilize data-driven insights to propose improvements in customer experience journeys, support processes, and systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement changes and enhancements based on data analysis results.
- Monitor system performance and resolve issues to ensure high availability and optimal performance.
- Work with the Quality Assurance & Complaints team to identify trends and
- make recommendations to the CPL or process engineer to close the feedback loop and improve the overall experience
- Optimize the customer experience and improve our operational efficiency
- Work closely with product teams to drive automation and develop new technologies to create magic for our customers.
- Collaborate in creating standard operating procedures & training resources to support our global framework
What you will bring:
- Five or more years of experience with CRM system architecture, process optimization, design, or operations management in Tech, Retail, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing industry
- Experience owning the entire project lifecycle from end to end in an agile environment
- Proven ability to manage and develop relationships with key external and cross-functional internal stakeholders.
- Experience with lean development, human-centered design and can put yourself in the customer's shoes, ensuring that customer experiences are friendly and digestible.
- Be technically minded. Zendesk is our primary CRM, however all solutions will be designed with respect to continuity to our proprietary internal systems; XCover & XClaim
- University degree in engineering or similar background.
What you will have:
- Ability to adapt quickly and master new systems/tools and concepts quickly
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving and advocating for customer solutions
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.