Travel Claims Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Travel Claims Manager at Cover Genius, you will take the lead in managing a team of Travel claims Specialists and oversee the efficient resolution of Travel claims. Your main responsibility will be to ensure that claims are processed promptly and accurately within SLAs, resulting in best-in-class claims experience and high levels of customer satisfaction. Your focus in this role will be on optimizing customer satisfaction by ensuring smooth claims processing and providing leadership to your team.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Drive the development and execution of a world-class Travel claims adjudication process, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with industry standards.
- Create and implement procedures and L&D strategy across the claims team, ensuring the customer is at the center of our processes and decisions.
- Define and consistently meet or exceed performance targets tied to claims processing speed, accuracy, and cost reduction, contributing directly to the company's bottom line and customer satisfaction.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the claims department, identifying and implementing automation and process enhancements to optimize operations and resource allocation.
- Foster partnerships with partners and healthcare providers to improve claims processing efficiency and reduce turnaround times.
- Assist policyholders in understanding their insurance coverage. Explain claim procedures to policyholders. Provide guidance on required documentation.
- Resolve escalated and complex claims issues promptly and professionally. Handle escalated customer inquiries with empathy and professionalism.
- Manage a team of 2-4 Team Leaders, leading functional training and career development.
- Document of all aspects of Travel Claims Management, including a library of templates and SOPs.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 10 years or more years of experience in Travel claims administration or customer service manager with Travel claims experience.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare regulations, including HIPAA and other relevant privacy and compliance standards.
- Strong knowledge of insurance claims processes and best practices.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex insurance and claims concepts clearly and effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in a leadership or managerial role within an insurance claims department.
- Commitment to delivering outstanding customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable.
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Problem solving.
- Strong customer focus and empathy.
- Driven, energetic, positive approach.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Professional approach and confident manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
The base salary range for this role is between $65,000 and $88,500. The total compensation package also includes equity, and the opportunity for additional earnings through our annual bonus or variable commission plans.
We believe in transparency, and this salary range bracket is designed to provide a clear understanding of the potential earnings associated with this role. Your skills and contributions are highly valued, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.