VP - Strategic Partnerships - APAC
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a VP, Strategic Partnerships on our Partnerships Team, you will own the development and execution of our partnerships and distribution strategy across the APAC region.
To drive success in this role, your deep understanding of APAC markets will be pivotal as you build and lead a high performing team across the region. Collaborating with cross functional teams, you’ll identify, cultivate, structure and close complex deals with distribution partners. Your role will be responsible for the achievement of regional distribution and revenue targets, managing the deal pipeline, co-creating solutions with partners, and optimizing commercial terms. You will also nurture key relationships within partner organisations and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute the companies partnerships and distribution strategy for the APAC region, taking full ownership of regional deal flow and targets for the region
- Build, guide and inspire a high performing partnerships team dispersed across the APAC region
- Identify, shape, structure and close complex partnership deals within target partner organisations to deliver sustained value to the business.
- Grow the Cover Genius brand within the region through representation at industry events and broader networking.
What you will bring:
- 15 or more years of industry experience, with a strong focus on business development or strategic partnerships.
- In depth knowledge of the APAC region and proven track record of building high performing go-to market sales and partnership teams in the region.
- Proven history of building and executing sales/gtm strategies which consistently exceed revenue targets and performance-driven KPIs.
- Exhibit a dynamic leaderships style and passion for leading teams within growth technology companies
- Strong senior level networks within ecommerce, travel, retail, and/or finance industries
- Adept negotiation and commercial structuring skills with a successful track record of closing significant enterprise new business and partnerships deals
- Proven capability and passion to lead cross functional teams in the design, pursuit and successful execution of key strategic goals
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level, and present at industry events
What you will have:
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Goal oriented mindset with a strong bias to action
- Ability to think laterally and willingness to explore innovative solutions
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.