Director - Strategic Travel Partnerships, Americas
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Director, Strategic Partnerships on our Sales Team, you will own the development and growth of key partners across the Travel industry. You will also play an instrumental role in optimizing the sales strategy and deal execution. Ultimately, you will develop strong relationships that will increase Cover Genius’ market share across the Travel industry.
To drive success in this role, you will have the creation of and executing on a deal pipeline and the structuring of optimal commercial terms that meet our growth goals. As the Strategic Partnerships Director, you will leverage your network and expertise to offer protection & insurance products via our distribution software. You will also have an active role in managing key relationships at partner organizations. Regular collaboration with stakeholders internally (Product, Customer Solutions, Partnerships Services, Legal, Marketing, etc.) will be key in ensuring that your revenue and margin goals are attained.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organizations that deliver enduring value to the business
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision makers within key target organizations
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively to partners, with clarity on the product solution
- Identify and continually improve best practices for partnership identification, onboarding and implementations using specialist knowledge of vertical and Insurance industries and keeping up to date with new developments
- Participate in the development and execution of marketing efforts including event/conference roadmap and strategic discussions to increase CG’s brand within assigned markets
- Assist in the onboarding of new partners in collaboration with locally based Partner Services & Client Solutions Engineering team post deal close, ensuring partner launch and timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 10 or more years of enterprise B2B business development development experience, ideally within the travel industry
- Solid track record of leading, managing and growing a high performing sales team
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs within a high paces startup or tech company
- A deep network within leading travel companies as well as a significant understanding of technology products related to the travel industry
- Partnerships development and execution experience, with a proven capability and passion to lead cross functional teams in the design, pursuit and successful execution of key strategic goals
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Excellent deal negotiation, problem solving and commercial structuring skills
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- A proactive bias to action, and driven to achieve results
- Curious mindset, open to exploring new ways of doing things
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
The base salary range for this role is between $174,000 and $235,000. The total compensation package also includes equity, and the opportunity for additional earnings through our annual bonus or variable commission plans.
We believe in transparency, and this salary range bracket is designed to provide a clear understanding of the potential earnings associated with this role. Your skills and contributions are highly valued, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.