Engineering Lead - Amplify
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company empowering our customers to build Culture First companies. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success. In 2019 we added an award winning performance management solution to our portfolio. These two products together enable us to deliver highly differentiated, powerful and industry-leading capabilities to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to lead our Goals team, a cross-functional team responsible for our Goals product. Your team will own the goals domain of the Culture Amp platform, Motivating people to set a clear direction and make meaningful progress towards things that matter.
In this high impact role, you will guide a team of senior engineers in delivering high priority product outcomes. Team Goals will concentrate on key initiatives centered around extracting from a monolithic service and modeling a centralized goals service that will enable flexible structures to meet our varied customer needs.
This is a Team Lead role that consists of three key areas: People Leadership, Technical Leadership and Delivery. You will lead your engineers by helping to solve complex problems and remove blockers so they can do their best work!
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You will be surrounded by talented engineers, and a cross-functional team including product management, design and delivery.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Design innovative technical solutions which balance tradeoffs to deliver on business needs.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions with your team, peers, and other stakeholders.
- Mentor and develop a team of engineers, fostering their growth into future technical leaders.
- Prioritize the product roadmap, sequence initiatives, and share timelines with stakeholders.
- Collaborate across a cross-functional team to work out and achieve technical and product vision goals
- Solid understanding of systems architecture and programming, preferably in Ruby.
- Experience building interactive React applications, with proficiency in Typescript and a grasp of responsive design.
- Experience managing stakeholders and leading engineers, complemented by strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A technical leader who can balance hands on technical skills whilst empowering and coaching engineers.
- A full-stack engineer who is comfortable contributing to both the front-end and back-end codebases.
- Open to receiving feedback and giving feedback to help others grow.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here / https://www.cultureamp.com/company/antiracism.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.