Engineer - Data Services
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
The Engage Data Services team is responsible for building and supporting a stable, scalable and future proof backbone of data that will help connect and grow the Engage platform. This role is a key part of enabling us to scale from helping improve the world of work for 25 million to 100 million people.
This new team will own the design and execution of building out a new data publishing platform. Taking learnings from our past endeavors you will help shape the future of how we publish and deliver survey data to the rest of our Engage and the Culture Amp platform.
As part of the Engage Camp, you will have the support of a group of experienced technical leaders who are already leveraging areas such as serverless, event sourcing and distributed event-driven microservices to evolve our overall technical architecture.
What you'll bring to Culture Amp
As an Engineer, you will be a part of technical conversations, providing technical suggestions, helping make decisions and collaborating with engineers and stakeholders in the company. You and your team will be responsible for bringing features from conception all the way through to owning them in production. You and your team will own the software life cycle in our platform, focusing on code quality, best practices, monitoring, logging, and alerting. You will have opportunities to amplify your impact by pairing up with engineers from other teams, collaborating with our fantastic designers, attending external customer meetings, and contributing to our code base, which is used by other engineers.
- Work closely with other engineers to build, maintain and enhance our services following industry best practices
- Work with product teams, design teams and end users to understand their needs/requirements/problems and then work to develop, refine, slice, implement and measure the impact of the solution.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team through pair programming, writing solution designs, or giving feedback on pull requests, to build a shared understanding of the work.
- Drive technical conversations, provide technical suggestions and make decisions as a team
- Experience with a backend programming language (Ruby preferred), Kafka and optionally Typescript are core to this role
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with or knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring and alerts in microservices
- AWS experience, CDK and CI/CD skills
- Curiosity and interest to learn new technologies and implement practical solutions
- A creative thinker
- A strong communicator
- A Team player
- Have the curiosity to think a little left of field / outside the box
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.