Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Engineer to join Team Review Cycles, a cross-functional team responsible for one of our core products - Performance.
You’ll be joining a team working on our Performance product, helping companies create transformative people-first performance reviews that are easy to use and manage. You'll help us create an excellent performance review experience. All our teams are cross-functional and have the autonomy and responsibility for bringing features from conception all the way through to owning them in production, and you’ll be involved throughout that process. As a Staff Engineer in this team, you’ll also have ample opportunity to help shape and impact the team’s processes and ways of working.
Our cross-functional team of engineers, product designer, product manager, and team lead are in need of a strong Staff Engineer to lead the design of solutions. We are set to reengineer parts of our Performance product to enable faster iteration and the addition of product value. In 2024, our focus is on creating a seamless performance review experience that promotes simple and fair performance management, reducing biases, and increasing transparency from managers. We aim to drive the power of change toward a fairer workplace mindset through the thoughtful capabilities we build.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, embracing flexible work arrangements. You’ll be surrounded by talented engineers, learning opportunities, as well as sharing your knowledge with others.
Here’s what we are looking for
- You are a T-shaped, backend leaning, full stack software engineer with a strong focus on Ruby, Rails/Hanami, relational databases, distributed systems, SaaS products, and large-scale applications
- You have unfaltering curiosity, and are open to diverse approaches to solving problems
- You want to contribute to the technical success and culture of the team as a whole, through excellent code, software design, improving practices, and influencing our ways of working
- You have a keen eye for technical detail, with pragmatism to know when to pursue it
- You are product-focused and tirelessly pursue to make a solid business impact
- You can influence others without authority, working collaboratively with diverse engineers and cross-functional teams
- Not necessary, but a helpful bonus if you have experience in any of the following: TailwindCSS, NextJS, NodeJS tooling for frontend, frontend testing
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.