Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
You’ll be joining a team working on our Performance product, helping companies create transformative people-first performance reviews that are easy to use and manage. You'll help us create an excellent post-performance-review experience! All our teams are cross-functional and have the autonomy and responsibility for bringing features from conception all the way through to owning them in production, and you’ll be involved throughout that process. As a Staff Engineer in this team, you’ll also have a large opportunity to help shape and impact the team’s processes and ways of working.
Our cross-functional team of engineers, product designer and leadership (Team Leads and Product Manager) are in need of a strong Staff Engineer to design solutions as we are set to build post-performance-review experience in our Performance product. In 2024, we’re focussed on creating a post-performance-review experience that would promote simple and fair performance management with less biases and more transparency from managers. We want to drive the power of change towards a fairer workplace mindset via the thoughtful capabilities we build.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You will be surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well as sharing your knowledge with them as well.
Some of our upcoming work you'll get a chance to get involved in:
- Tackling a wide variety of technical problems across our codebases as you build features using our design system, and help us move to a distributed front-end architecture.
- Designing and implementing UX/UI improvements in liaison with designers and product managers in ReactJs/Typescript.
- Having a broader impact than the team you join to collaborate with other teams, team leads and principal engineers to create consistent and unifying Frontend/Backend development.
- Collaborating with and mentoring other engineers in your team through writing solution designs or giving feedback to build shared understanding of your work.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You are a Full Stack software engineer with a strong focus in Frontend technologies in Typescript and ReactJS.
- You have unfaltering curiosity, openness to diverse approaches to solving problems.
- You want to contribute to the technical success of the team as a whole, through excellent code, improving practices and software design
- You have an eye for technical detail, with pragmatism to know when to pursue it.
- You are product-focused and tirelessly pursue to make a solid business impact.
- You can influence others without authority, working collaboratively with diverse engineers and cross-functional teams
- Not necessary, but helpful bonus if you have experience in any of the following: worked on TailwindCSS, NextJS, NodeJS tooling for Frontend, Frontend Testing, Ruby on Rails, relational databases, distributed systems, SaaS products, and large-scale applications.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.