Lead Product Designer
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work
This is a unique opportunity where the things you create will have a genuine, positive impact on workers globally. Join us as a Lead Product Designer in the Perform camp to help companies create transformative people-first performance products that are easy to use and manage.
This means you’ll have the opportunity to impact how every employee - HR, managers, and individual employees experience the Culture Amp magic.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership of the Performance product experience, uplifting the standards of the end-to-end user experience in order to achieve our vision for creating a better world of work. You’ll do this by working closely with the Lead Product Manager and providing design support to other cross-functional team leaders, while bringing a strong user focus into the decision making process.
As a people mentor and coach, you will help guide a team of two to three talented designers - supporting their decisions, honing their craft, and guiding their development.
What you’ll spend time doing
- Collaborate with top-notch Product, Engineering and Delivery leaders across multiple teams to create compelling experiences that delight customers
- Work with leadership to evolve our Performance product mission and strategy to support the impact we want to create as a company
- Work through complex problems that demand second- and third-order thinking
- Ensure that valuable experiences are being shipped regularly, meeting the quality standards and progressing us towards the Performance product vision
- Mentor a team of two to three Product Designers to and help them grow and do their best work
- Inspire other members of the camp to think about discovery and learn inclusive Design methods
What you bring
- You have deep experience as an IC in a design role, and are beginning to think about your impact and influence as a design leader.
- Experience creating end-to-end experiences for users - using data driven decision making to validate and/or test.
- A toolkit to draw on for deeply understanding problems and defining solutions, such as service design, design thinking and customer discovery.
- A keen interest in getting to know your users and deeply understand their needs.
- You’re a close cross-functional collaborator with a growth mindset. You’re comfortable working with product managers, engineers and other domain experts to co-design pragmatic solutions that balance impact, effort and confidence.
- Empathy for those you work with and mentor, and a drive to build and foster highly-effective environment.
- Curiosity and passion for people and culture. At heart, you're what we call a people geek!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.