Maximum term (12 months), Full time
Melbourne or Sydney based, primarily remote opportunity (occasionally required to attend office)
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning. In recent years, we have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences. Our focus on solving complex learner experience problems allows us to specialise in learning strategy, experience, content, design, development and delivery. As a result, our business has grown rapidly and will continue to grow across Australia, Asia and the United Kingdom.
To learn more, please visit our website: https://curio.co/who-we-are/story/
Curio is a digital by default organisation. We love working together in an office, but are just as comfortable working remotely. Flexibility and self-management are important to us.
We seek a creative, curious, and energetic person to join our growing learning experience practice. You will have experience in the design of higher education learning experiences in a leading university and understand the importance of working closely with academic colleagues and subject matter experts. Your passion for education shines through in everything you do, but you are grounded in education theory. You like to challenge yourself and clients. But also know when you need to focus to deliver to timelines as a member of a high performing team.
Objective of this role
Reporting to the Head of Curio Learning Services, this role is primarily responsible for designing higher education learning experiences working closely with academic colleagues and subject matter experts.
- Design and develop effective learning resources, activities, and assessments in a range of higher education areas
- Work closely with subject matter experts and teaching staff to co-design and create innovative online learning experiences
- Work independently or in a distributed team using a variety of collaboration and project management tools
- Write high-quality student-facing material to appropriate qualifications frameworks and industry standards
- Communicate effectively and professionally individually and in teams, including with client stakeholders, prospective clients and colleagues at Curio
- A Bachelor’s degree with experience working in the education sector.
- Experience in designing human-centred learning experiences and developing online learning by applying an understanding of learning theories, assessment standards, pedagogical practices, and their relationship to educational technologies.
- High-level problem-solving skills and an ability to be adaptive and innovative, using a design thinking approach.
- Experience with using a variety of digital education technologies in curriculum design, including learning management systems, audio-visual and interactive media.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and autonomy with a mindset that is consistently focused on learning and development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and external stakeholders at all levels, and the ability to effectively explain complex educational ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others to achieve outstanding results, leveraging online communication tools.
- A Masters or doctoral degree.
- Capacity to utilise and critically evaluate emerging learning technologies and apply approaches to innovation and improvement in current teaching and learning practices.
- Flexible, fun work environment
- Significant career opportunities as Curio grows
- Opportunity to work with a range of world leading education and corporate clients
- Maximum Term (Fixed term) role with a potential for extension
Remuneration: $80,000 - 85,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Applications Close: 31 May 2023
Something looks off?