Expression of Interest for e-facilitators for Sustainable Finance
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR ONLINE FACILITATOR FOR SUSTAINABLE FINANCE
About Curio Faculty
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning.
We have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences, through course design and online facilitation.
Curio Faculty provides quality education services to universities, vocational education providers, other higher education providers, and corporate partners and not for profits.
We are passionate educators who believe in the power of expert content development and online facilitation to deliver exceptional learner outcomes.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
Objectives of this role:
Online Facilitators (also referred to as Academic Tutors) provide online teaching delivery of client/partner online programs and courses in vocational education and higher education.
The role of the Online Facilitator/Academic Tutor is to deliver courses in accordance with the course design and requirements and client/partner policies and procedures. Online facilitators are not required to establish curriculum, develop course content and assessments, or develop marking schemes.
The role is responsible for engaging and supporting learners/students to ensure quality student learning experiences.
All Online Facilitators/Academic Tutors are required to maintain Teaching Pulse Student Satisfaction
=>4 and end of teaching period evaluation standards set by the client/partner.
- Planning, scheduling and delivery of live and/or recorded webinar sessions and activities in accordance with course design or as directed by the Course Coordinator.
- Delivery of planned academic content in accordance with course design.
- Facilitating learning activities in accordance with course content and design, including discussion forum and assessment tasks (including e-moderation, assessment, and feedback)
- Deliver assessment marking and feedback for approximately three assessments per teaching period.
- Engage with and attend assessment moderation processes and submit assessment results as directed by the Course Coordinator.
- Attend course administration meetings, typically three per teaching period.
- Provide prompt communication responses with students via relevant and endorsed communication channels.
- Be accessible to students seeking individual assistance with their studies, at a level consistent with the learning needs of the student cohort, and in adherence to the academic support and intervention services provided by client.
- Participate in coaching and peer learning sessions
Online learning is an intensive learning experience for both the students and the online facilitator. You will be provided with a great deal of support from The Faculty and our client in order to deliver a great student experience.
Aligning finance with sustainability is a necessary condition for tackling the environmental and social challenges facing humanity. It is also necessary for financial institutions and the broader financial system to manage the risks and capture the opportunities associated with the transition to global environmental sustainability.
It has world-leading researchers and research capabilities relevant to understanding these challenges and opportunities. Established in 2012, the client is the focal point for these activities. The Group is multidisciplinary and works globally across asset classes, finance professions, and with different parts of the financial system. It is the largest such centre globally and is working to be the world’s best place for research and teaching on sustainable finance and investment.
It is based in one of the world’s great universities and the oldest university in the English-speaking world. It works with leading practitioners from across the investment chain (including actuaries, asset owners, asset managers, accountants, banks, data providers, investment consultants, lawyers, ratings agencies, stock exchanges), with firms and their management, and with experts from a wide range of related subject areas (including finance, economics, management, geography, data science, anthropology, climate science, law, area studies, psychology) within the client and beyond.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of finance and the structure of the financial system;
- Navigate sustainable finance within a broad framework that considers the investment chain, asset classes and different finance professions;
- Analyse the role of public policy in motivating investment in sustainability, understand how sustainable finance is shaped by public policy and the motivations of policymakers internationally, and evaluate what has or has not worked to date;
- Assess how and why policies, regulations and supervisory expectations related to sustainable finance are evolving in different jurisdictions, and examine the opportunities this creates; and
- Analyse the challenges, risks and opportunities associated with seeking positive environmental and social impacts through finance and evaluate what kinds of impacts are likely or possible.
Teaching Period: JUNE 2023 - ONWARDS
Skills and Qualifications:
Online Facilitators/Academic Tutors must have:
- A Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. degree in sustainability, environment or climate (in line with TEQSA AQF+1 requirements), and/or
- At least 5 years professional experience at a senior level in roles either focused on, or directly related to sustainability, environment or climate
- Substantial work or practice-based experience, and significant industry experience in the related subject matter
- Demonstratable currency in skills and contemporary teaching and learning experience relevant to the discipline they are teaching and facilitating, online is highly regarded
- Academic profile reflecting the teaching capacity required to lead students in intellectual inquiry suited to the nature and expected learning outcomes of each Course
- Demonstrated active engagement in continuing scholarship or industry activity relevant to the discipline they are teaching and facilitating where delivering higher degrees such as postgraduate awards (e.g., Masters)
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in the relevant discipline of the Course informed by their own continued learning or practice
- Sufficient proficiency with the relevant software and other technology required to perform their role effectively
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation & planning skills
- Confidence and resourcefulness in learning new technologies
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of empathy for the challenges experienced by online students
- A passion for helping online students succeed both academically and personally
- A current Working with Children Check in accordance with Client/Partner Policy, if Client/Partner notifies Curio of any students who are under 18 years of age (includes all academic staff, regardless of level they are teaching or age of students)
- A doctorate in sustainable finance or a related field
- Evidence of relevant scholarship and/or research activity
- Ability to adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
Payrate: £39 - £43 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Something looks off?