Online Facilitator for Risk Management and Feasibility
ONLINE FACILITATOR FOR DEVELOPING BLOCKCHAIN STRATEGY AND CYBER SECURITY RISK AND GOVERNANCE
ABOUT CURIO FACULTY
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning.
We have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences, through course design and online facilitation.
Curio Faculty provides quality education services to universities, vocational education providers, other higher education providers, and corporate partners and not for profits.
We are passionate educators who believe in the power of expert content development and online facilitation to deliver exceptional learner outcomes.
TP5-23 (21 August - 13 October 2023)
Due Date to Apply: 21 July 2023
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
In this course you will study risk and the effect of technology on the management of risk. You will develop your ability to use a systematic and reasonably consistent method of deciding actions on the risks a system needs to handle. You will learn to identify, accept and prioritse risks within the constraints of a system. You will explore key aspects of risk management and integrate with the concept of feasibility in engineering projects and business development. You will examine project feasibility in three directions: market feasibility, financial feasibility and technical feasibility. These three directions set the systematic process in which all key risks in a project can be identified and treated prior to any detrimental event happens.
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify risks in engineering and project management and strategic decision making
- Apply the basic concepts and techniques of evaluating reliability and assessing risk
- Design, develop and implement a systems approach to identify business opportunities and risks of engineering projects and to develop strategies and plans to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories for achieving the desirable outcomes
- Analyse and manage risks in an engineering project and technology-focused business environment and develop a plan of mitigation. Establish principles from concepts and develop standard processes for sustainable management
- Manage risk in technologically intensive organisations including those with an ever-changing technology base
- Adopt and elaborate innovative ideas and incorporate these into management processes
Objectives of this role:
Online Facilitators (also referred to as Academic Tutors) provide online teaching delivery of client/partner online programs and courses in vocational education and higher education.
The role of the Online Facilitator/Academic Tutor is to deliver courses in accordance with the course design and requirements and client/partner policies and procedures. Online facilitators are not required to establish curriculum, develop course content and assessments, or develop marking schemes.
The role is responsible for engaging and supporting learners/students to ensure quality student learning experiences.
All Online Facilitators/Academic Tutors are required to maintain Teaching Pulse Student Satisfaction
=>4 and end of teaching period evaluation standards set by the client/partner.
- Planning, scheduling and delivery of live and/or recorded webinar sessions and activities in accordance with course design or as directed by the Course Coordinator.
- Delivery of planned academic content in accordance with course design.
- Facilitating learning activities in accordance with course content and design, including discussion forum and assessment tasks (including e-moderation, assessment, and feedback)
- Deliver assessment marking and feedback for approximately three assessments per teaching period.
- Engage with and attend assessment moderation processes and submit assessment results as directed by the Course Coordinator.
- Attend course administration meetings, typically three per teaching period.
- Provide prompt communication responses with students via relevant and endorsed communication channels.
- Be accessible to students seeking individual assistance with their studies, at a level consistent with the learning needs of the student cohort, and in adherence to the academic support and intervention services provided by client.
- Participate in coaching and peer learning sessions
Online learning is an intensive learning experience for both the students and the online facilitator. You will be provided with a great deal of support from The Faculty and our client in order to deliver a great student experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
Online Facilitators/Academic Tutors must have:
- A Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. degree in a relevant discipline (in line with TEQSA AQF+1 requirements), and/or
- Substantial work or practice-based experience, and significant industry experience in the related subject matter
- Demonstratable currency in skills and contemporary teaching and learning experience relevant to the discipline they are teaching and facilitating, online is highly regarded
- Academic profile reflecting the teaching capacity required to lead students in intellectual inquiry suited to the nature and expected learning outcomes of each Course
- Demonstrated active engagement in continuing scholarship or industry activity relevant to the discipline they are teaching and facilitating where delivering higher degrees such as postgraduate awards (e.g., Masters)
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in the relevant discipline of the Course informed by their own continued learning or practice
- Sufficient proficiency with the relevant software and other technology required to perform their role effectively
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation & planning skills
- Confidence and resourcefulness in learning new technologies
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of empathy for the challenges experienced by online students
- A passion for helping online students succeed both academically and personally
- A current Working with Children Check in accordance with Client/Partner Policy, if Client/Partner notifies Curio of any students who are under 18 years of age (includes all academic staff, regardless of level they are teaching or age of students)
- Flexible and online work with mostly evening and weekend hours required