Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning. We lead the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation and delivery of exceptional learning experiences. Our focus on solving complex learner experience problems allows us to specialise in learning strategy, experience, content, design, and delivery. Our business practice stretches across Australia, North America and the United Kingdom.
Further details about Curio can be found at our website: https://curio.co
Objectives of this role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), working with the CEO, department leaders and the accounting back-office provider, this position is primarily responsible to oversee and manage the financial management function across Curio Group entities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage all statutory obligations, including FBT, BAS, GST
- Manage cashflow and month end and year end reporting
- Review of general ledger, inter-company journals, consolidation entries and reconciliation of financial data prepared by out-sourced accounting partners, continually develop financial functions
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting for the business and ensure all statutory obligations are met;
- Instigate and implement business improvements and initiatives
- Establish and maintain productive and professional relationships with key business unit team members
- Establish and maintain documented process maps and procedure manuals of all processes within the Accounting and Accounts Payable functions
- Ensuring sound financial operations (systems and processes) are in place to manage cash flow and working capital in a high growth environment.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly finance report at board meetings
- Bookkeeping and management for international wholly owned subsidiaries of Curio
- Business Analyst
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) registered in Australia
- 7+ years of experience in accounting/finance
- Top tier accounting firm background is desired.
- Experience in working in UK or other jurisdiction outside of Australia is an advantage
- Understanding of project or professional services businesses and operations ideally. Interest in technology businesses and digital agencies as this is where we are experiencing further growth.
- Working with banks and NBFIs on originating and managing corporate debt facilities.
- Demonstrated practical understanding of the intersection between accounting for compliance and financial analysis that serves the strategic interests and value of the Group (e.g. activity-based costing, value-based management, cash conversion cycle).
Please note that to be considered for this role you must be able to work in Australia. You will be required to complete a National Police History Check for this role.
Work Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Take reasonable care for own health and safety
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- Comply with any reasonable instruction
- Cooperate with any reasonable policies and procedures
- Lead by example and promote health and safety at every opportunity
A flexible work environment utilising industry best practice in delivering education and learning.
Significant career advancement opportunities as Curio grows.