EOIs for Subject Matter Expert for Mechanical Engineering (Dairy Technology)
About Curio Faculty
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning.
We have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences, through course design and online facilitation.
Curio Faculty provides quality education services to universities, vocational education providers, other higher education providers, and corporate partners and not for profits.
We are passionate educators who believe in the power of expert content development and online facilitation to deliver exceptional learner outcomes.
Courses to be Developed: Learning resources for Mechanical Engineering (Dairy)
Level: A working engineer, preferably in dairy manufacturing
Working timeframe: ASAP- End of March
Workload: SME to propose the time and budget to complete the resources.
Requirements: An engineering with the working knowledge of manufacturing and production.
Tasks required to be completed:
To develop the follow documentations and drawings (in collaboration with Curio Graphic Designers):
- Project Proposal A document from “SystemWorks” (fictional engineering consultancy) that outlines the scope, objectives and justification for the project. This proposal will include cost estimates and budget. The project is for the upgrade and modernisation of the dairy’s powder transport and bagging system, and a new automated powder packing system.
- Mechanical Systems Assessment A report that details the current state of the dairy’s Powder Transport Bagging Systems
- Schematic of the Current Powder Transport and Bagging System Identifies production rates, storage quantities, distances and heights of the current transport system.
- Powder technical specifications Technical details of the types of powder that require transport and their key characteristics that the project will have to address.
Reporting requirements: Curio Senior learning designer and Graphic designers
A subject-matter expert (SME) is a person who is an authority in an area, topic or discipline.
SMEs are engaged to assist the development or re-development of a course (subject). They may contribute, author, research and provide a high level of assistance as well as expertise in the development or re-development of the course.
SMEs may collaborate with Learning Designers and Course Coordinators during the development or re-development of courses. This may include updating an existing course or the assessments within an existing course, creating a course map for a new course, developing a prototype, and building a full course.
SMEs are often sourced from industry, consultancies, partner organisations, or recruitment organisations.
Key responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in workshops to map out the overall curriculum and course architecture, the assessment strategy in overview, and the more finely grained structure of individual learning activities
- Participate, as required, in workshops or conversations with clients, partners and industry to mine their expertise and understand how they will be able to contribute
- Work with Learning Designer to design activities, develop authentic and engaging learning activities, create performance tasks and identify opportunities for automated formative feedback
- Write course content based on a pre-agreed course map, ensuring appropriate referencing
- Deliver course content according to project timelines
- Assist in planning for the development of bespoke videos, writing interview questions/prompts
- Communicating with University librarians around resources to be located / cleared
- Identify resources to be used
- Communicate with graphic designers on images to be designed for the course
- Source contemporary course content material
- Write assessment tasks and rubrics with the learning designer and/or learning and teaching experts from partner/client and creating any assessment materials such as case studies or data sets
- Quality assurance of each learning activity in the final learning design from a SME perspective
- Incorporate feedback and changes as required by the client/partner
Objectives of this role:
This role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) is primarily to provide relevant subject matter content for online courses. The SME works in close collaboration with Learning Experience Designers and Developers and partners/clients to develop meaningful and engaging courses, support resources and learning experiences based on the objectives and learning outcomes of the learning experience. The design and development of learning experiences is typically closely project managed but also dynamic and fast paced, to achieve project deadlines, and entails highly developed communication and collaboration.