Senior Account Executive - SMB
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
The SMB Senior Account Executive will have a hunter sales mentality. They will be responsible for acquiring and driving strategic opportunities that are based on the value of the Deputy application. will be an expert at communicating this value in a compelling business case to customers and prospects in order to achieve assigned quotas.
The Senior AE creates and nurtures executive relationships and leverages the Account Management Team to ensure success for their customers and for Deputy. The Senior AE enjoys hunting for new business opportunities and excels at developing and closing large SMB opportunities with multiple stakeholders.
- Develops effective and specific franchise and outbound account plans to ensure user/revenue target delivery and sustainable growth.
- Develops relationships with new and existing customers and leverage to drive strategy through organization.
- Establishes strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value selling (value of counsel and expertise, value of solutions, value of implementation expertise).
- Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points
- Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline.
- Keeps pipeline hygiene and up to date allowing for accurately forecasting
- Leverage support organizations including Marketing, Sales Development, and Partners to funnel pipeline to accomplish quota.
- Advance and close sales opportunities through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Strategically attack net new business in order to increase market share and obtain quota.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher strongly preferred
- Demonstrated history of achieving a sales quota of revenue/users at Deputy or externally.
- Hunter mentality with experience working the full cycle of complex sales and presenting to multiple levels within clients.
- Possess the ability and self-motivation to work in a geographically dispersed model.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in sales of business software / IT solutions at Deputy or externally.
- Proven track record at Deputy or externally in a similar capacity Experience in lead role of a team-selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market.
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now