Senior Front End Engineer
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
Mission "The Why"
We are committed to delivering cutting-edge solutions and pushing the boundaries of what's possible. As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking a talented Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. Influence the vision for our Frontend architecture we use and advocate and champion best practices and techniques that are implemented in the business.
You will wake up every morning knowing that the work you do will help millions of users worldwide.
- Collaborate with the product team to translate design mockups and user stories into delightful user experiences
- Build new features with a focus on future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Champion & contribute to the strategic direction of front-end engineering
- Advocate for high quality through appropriate testing methodologies
- Understanding of modern JS frameworks. We use Vue 3 - experience with React, Angular etc is good too
- Deep understanding of modern HTML5 + CSS techniques
- Deep understanding of the DOM, browser components & APIs
- Understanding of microservices architecture and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of design elements, components, UI and best practices
- Modern UI/Frontend stack, frameworks and techniques. i.e: Webpack, SPA, ES6, CSS (flexbox, etc)
- Understanding of WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Understanding of Assets & build management tools, e.g: Webpack, Babel
- Deep understanding of industry best practices TDD/BDD, CI/CD Techniques
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now