Functional Implementation Consultant
Join our dynamic team as a Functional Implementation Consultant and channel your passion for sports into driving the seamless integration of our cutting-edge technology. We’re looking for an individual who not only excels in project management and customer service but also brings a solid understanding of the inner workings of the sports industry and the operational nuances that come with it. Your familiarity with how technology underpins the success of sports businesses will be instrumental in delivering tailored solutions that resonate with our customers. Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM will be an advantage for this role.
EngageRM is a market-leading sports tech scaleup that delivers Business and Marketing Automation, CRM, and Data Analytics globally for the sport and entertainment industry.
We believe that sport and entertainment is a force for good in the world. The passion, joy and excitement that the industry brings are needed more than ever by people globally, who seek connection and compassion. We want to help provide opportunities for inspiration and engaging experiences, by empowering our clients with the best tools and knowledge available today.
We seek to be a global employer of choice, offering the best possible conditions and support for our staff. This considers the differing needs of each person on our team, their stage of life and development.
While we work hard and have high ambitions, we realise that everyone in our business is an individual and that family comes first. We are not perfect, but we seek to actively support every person in our business to achieve their personal ambitions, as well as those of EngageRM.
We care deeply about our industry and our work, but also about the people we work with. We believe that great people are the foundation of any successful business, and we take the time and effort to recruit, nurture and grow committed people who care about what they do.
We enable professional sports teams, venues, leagues, federations, and other businesses to drive fan engagement, partnerships and premium sales, community programs and more. We are at the cutting edge of our field, using AI, machine learning, voice recognition and other data to provide a single customer view and increase revenue, retention, and audience engagement.
EngageRM was founded in Australia and is quickly growing into the US, UK, European and other markets. We’re a Microsoft ISV (Independent Software Vendor) and have built our comprehensive solution within the Microsoft Dataverse. EngageRM is Microsoft’s number 1 global ISV partner in the sports and entertainment industry.
Some of the biggest and best-known brands in the world are our clients, along with some you’ve probably never heard of. What keeps it all together is incredible people. Because of our strong and consistent growth, we need to continue to find aligned, talented and caring experts who want to make a real difference.
What you can expect from EngageRM
A focus on people and culture is important to us. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, a company that invests in your personal development, a solid compensation package, and a fun but committed culture with people who genuinely care about what they do, then you are in good company.
Find out more about what it’s like to work with us here
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Flexible working environment including work from home
- Extensive training and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to travel
- Be a key player at a rapidly expanding global technology company
The role of Functional Implementation Consultant will report to the Head of Services. You will be responsible for the end-to-end project management of the implementation of our platform to our customers. You will work closely with key stakeholders to understand the business requirements and technical environment to achieve their desired outcomes.
We are seeking a person who has the drive and determination to lead implementation projects and work with our internal departments to drive an exceptional customer experience.
The role is full time with the ability to work remotely. You may be required to travel for customer meetings from time to time. You will work with a highly experienced and very passionate team, with interesting and varied work. Significant opportunities are available for a high performer in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Lead engagements for new and existing customers, to help drive the successful adoption of the EngageRM platform
- Manage the successful delivery of Professional Services engagements which meet customer requirements
- Be the main contact point for customers during Professional Services engagements
- Work with our wider team to provide feedback and insights from clients in order to enhance the platform
- Participate in planning and design sessions with customers
- Coordinate and work with various departments to drive customer outcomes
- Work with customers to gather and document business needs and processes
- Advises customers on best practices for EngageRM CRM processes, user interface and architecture
- Develops and manages project plans that encompass the complete project life cycle including project requirements, development, quality assurance, deployment
- Creates the functional and technical specifications documentation for the project
- Writes specifications for customizations, data migration, and system integrations
- Configure and customize the CRM system based on design specifications
- Develop test plans and scripts
- Conduct system and end-to-end testing of the application
- Determine detailed approach and timeline of projects
- Works with the cross-functional areas to secure resources and ensure resources are used effectively
- Defines roles and expectations of internal team members that will be required as part of project plan delivery
- Measures and monitors progress to ensure that a project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets or exceeds expectations
- Resolves issues affecting project scope, quality, effort, risk, and timeline
- Guides the project along through daily communications with the customer
- Participates in weekly status meetings (may be more) and sends status updates to the customers as required
- Assists in conducting design review sessions with the customer to demonstrate completed work and gather adjustments and changes
- Trains super users
- Exceptional organisation and project management skills
- Excels in customer relationship building
- Ability to navigate best practice solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes, as well as help shape these policies and procedures.
- You love working in a high-performing team and contribute strongly to its success
Your must have skills and experience:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) Certification
- Successfully managed large scale and/or complex projects
- 3 + years’ experience in a similar role
Highly desirable skills:
- Understanding of sports and entertainment business operations or industry experience
- Strong knowledge of project management and planning tools
If this sounds interesting and you’d like to discover more, please get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application and any questions you may have. To apply, please submit your application and associated cover letter via LinkedIn.
To be considered for this role you need to be either a resident of Australia and/or New Zealand or have an appropriate work visa.
Our team has recently discovered some research indicating that some candidates are more likely to apply for jobs than others when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, whereas others hold off in applying at all as they feel they don’t check every box. So, we would like to encourage those that think they have what it takes, however don’t necessarily meet every single point above to still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit for our team.
We consider applicants on merit, qualifications, and business needs, without regard to race, colour, origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status under applicable Federal, State, or Local law.