Analytics Lead - Operations
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role
This is an exciting role working directly within our operations function to build visibility, drive performance and use data to improve decision making. You will be work collaboratively with functional leads to better inform trade-offs between Cost, Speed and Quality, define the metrics we should care about and help functional leads to build a path towards improving operational outcomes.
The role has a high level of exposure to senior management, working directly with the Head of Operations, Head of Clinical Services and our COO. You will lead our monthly P&L reporting process, review financial and operational results and work with a diverse functional group including Procurement, Planning, Fulfilment, Warehouse, Logistics and our Clinical team members (including Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists). You will also have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our Finance, Analytics, Growth and Product teams.
This is a newly formed role with a high potential for impact. We are looking for someone who knows how to apply data to directly improve results - you will be involved from day one in projects that improve outcomes for our patients and the business.
We are open to different profiles and career backgrounds for this role. You could be an experienced lead or looking to take a step up. Ultimately we want someone who is the right fit for out team - who loves using data to solve problems, is excited to build a new function/ capability and is keen to work in a rapidly growing business as we scale our operations in Australia and globally.
- Lead our P&L reporting process for Operations and engage with operational leads to enhance visibility over results
- Establish commercial guardrails + inputs for KPIs and our OKR process
- Work with our functional operations leads to use data to inform trade-offs between cost, quality and speed. We constantly decide on resourcing allocation, you will be a key part of this process
- Build tools for teams to run their operations efficiently (e.g. labour allocation tools that can be used by team to plan medical workforce availability)
- Use data to get to inform insights about our patients and prescribers (e.g. establishing correlations between patient experience and retention)
- Align priorities cross-functionally, including working collaboratively with our centralised analytics function, monthly P&L reporting with Finance
Skills & mindset
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in a rapidly growing business
- Excellent skills in core programs e.g. Excel
- Exposure to commercial decision making and P&L management
- Able to influence others in the team and guide decision making
- Naturally empathetic, reliable, caring, with strong problem-solving skills
- Quick thinker, confident and entrepreneurial, able to make the complex - simple to facilitate executive decision making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of SQL a bonus (or high willingness to build this)
Bonus points if you have
- Startup experience
- Experience in the healthcare space or allied services, or a keen interest in health & wellness
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.