Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$140M in funding from Australia and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into more markets, retail stores, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role
Eucalyptus is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to join our Transactions team. You will be part of a high performing, close knit, 20 person engineering team, that is running with passion at building higher touch, higher quality, healthcare technology that our patients around the world love using.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Eucalyptus, you will:
- Deliver amazing technology products which involves building new features, optimisations and core services across all of our brands.
- Collaborate with a lean team of other high performing engineers and team leads on innovative high impact solutions.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Product, Operations, Growth, Analytics to develop the best experiences for our patients.
- Grow others in the team through the sharing of your ideas, knowledge and expertise.
A taste of some of the challenges the Transactions team works on:
- How do you support a flexible purchasing platform that allows the patient to make transactions at any point in their user journey?
- How do you build tooling that allows prescriptions to be generated and orders to be fulfilled seamlessly so that the patient can receive their order safely, conveniently and quickly?
- How do you ensure that patient’s healthcare data is always protected?
Who you are:
- 3+ years in a high performance environment, whether that is in a technology company or a high growth startup.
- Experience with some (doesn’t have to be all) of our tech stack
- TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Protobufs, microservice architecture
- Nice to have: Golang, Terraform
- Experience breaking down problems efficiently and building complicated yet robust software systems
- Hungry to learn and love working with others — you love growing through delivery and learning from your peers
- Team first — you play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back
- Self aware — you know yourself, think deeply about your behaviours and speak about your performance with detachment
- Clear communicator — you speak and write simply in any context
Why you should join
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.