Tax and Accounting Internship
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
We are looking for a penultimate or final year university student undertaking a Commerce degree (with a major in Tax or Accounting) for a 3 month internship in our Finance and Analytics team at Eucalyptus.
We've grown exponentially in the last four years, as such, we’re looking for additional resources to continue building out our global finance capabilities. We’re looking for someone to assist in managing our tax and accounting obligations, someone who has an inquisitive mindset on the drivers of business performance and a genuine love for problem solving and helping others. We are looking for someone eager to put their technical skillset learned in their degree into practice, and start their career in tax.
You will work collaboratively between the Finance, Analytics and Commercial Strategy teams.
About the Role (What you’ll be doing):
- Assist with the global tax obligations of group entities in Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, and new jurisdictions as the company expands globally.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly BAS statements and VAT returns in various jurisdictions.
- Assist with preparation of the tax notes for the annual audited financial statements.
- Conduct research on various tax issues and assist in addressing ad hoc tax queries as they arise from within the business.
- Support the Tax and Treasury Manager in analysing quarterly financial data to ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Research tax implications of launching the business in new jurisdictions, including consideration of corporate taxes, indirect taxes and withholding taxes.
- Help with the documentation and organisation of tax records and research information.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure timely and accurate completion of all assigned tasks.
- Currently pursuing a university degree in Tax, Accounting or Business Law in your second or third year
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Australian tax laws and regulations is preferred
- Proficiency in G-suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.